Program Manager, Audio
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Be part of the exciting future of entertainment and add your talents to those of an amazing team. For more than 50 years, Dolby has led the way in developing innovative entertainment products and technologies used by consumers and professionals worldwide. Innovations from Dolby can be heard in consumer audio and video products, entertainment software, and professional sound applications, including music recording, broadcasting, and sound for motion pictures.
Now Dolby is defining high-definition audio and systems for delivering breathtaking digital cinema. Our long-standing commitment to research and development enables our focus to remain on solutions that work today and are prepared for the future. That’s what keeps us on the leading edge of the industry.
Our company philosophy encourages creativity, collaboration, and the desire to perceive things differently. We have been recognized as one of the top 100 best places to work in the Bay Area. We offer a unique and rich array of benefits including a fitness center, 9/80 work schedule, an assortment of health coverage options, and an industry leading 401k plan. We’re always looking for talented individuals to join our team.
Manage multiple programs to successfully bring the next generation products (hardware and software) to market. Lead cross-functional teams from initiation to product release in the Product Lifecycle Management process through careful planning, risk, communication, coordination, and escalation of program issues to senior management. Ensure that programs are completed within scope, schedule, and cost.
Contribute to the successive refinement of the Product Lifecycle Management processes. Evaluate the processes for participating in their ongoing refinement, training others, and applying processes with flexibility for a wide range of program types. Train and guide cross-functional team members to apply the process efficiently and effectively.
Essential Job Functions:
- Guide the activities of cross-functional groups (primarily internal, may include external) to introduce new software/hardware products/programs. Ensure that stakeholder needs are being addressed.
- Examine program documents including product, process and cross functional team plans to manage an integrated program plan. Facilitate work of functional groups as necessary to ensure that all project deliverables are created and delivered in accordance with the plan.
- Ensure that high-level program status information is maintained. Review status summary materials and present to executive management on a regular basis. Escalate as appropriate.
- Partner with key managers in each group to ensure that overall objectives are understood and supported.
- Ensure that the Dolby Product Lifecycle Management process methodologies, templates, and tools are properly applied to all programs.
- Assist in developing and implementing Program Management global best practices within Dolby, including templates and tools.
- Proactively anticipate problems and build risk mitigation plans accordingly. Resolve issues as they arise. Escalate critical problems to management as necessary. Deliver on-time.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 7+ years professional experience in managing software, hardware and services programs.
- Practical experience with risk analysis and conflict resolution.
- Expert knowledge of Project Management Institute (PMI) global best practices.
- Ability to multitask and perform under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, presentation, coaching, and mentoring skills. Ability to present to all position levels, from individual contributors to executives.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to work independently to achieve goals established in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project or similar scheduling tool, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Excel.
- Interest in multimedia, audio, entertainment industry.
- Flexibility to accommodate work schedules of teammates in International time zones.
- Travel <10%.
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified.
- Background in audio engineering, virtual reality, and/or digital broadcast.
- High level understanding of digital audio technology.
- Experience managing both hardware and software programs.
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Back to top