Production Planning Specialist - Mfg
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The production planning specialist role is responsible for a broad range of assignments within the manufacturing operation. Works with Master Scheduler, Production and Supply Chain teams to utilize SAP and manage inventory transactions. Coordinates with various parts of the organization - sales, marketing, engineering, finance and production - to execute supply plans for sales and revenue recognition based on product forecasts and MRP. Performs administrative duties as required to maintain traceability, record-keeping, data integrity and financial controls.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare, issue and control production orders to ensure that material levels meet new product demand. Schedule and direct the movement of parts and production orders through manufacturing.
- Plan make-to-order product configurations for intercompany shipments and external customer orders, based on SAP signals.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts to better utilize SAP master data, leading cross-functional efforts on behalf of manufacturing organization.
- Assist with database analysis, maintenance and master data cleanup activities, and perform routine data entry as required. Work to reduce the cost of production planning, recommending improvements to procedures, contracts and agreements.
- Work with global teams at SSC and locally to ensure processes are in place for communication and inventory management activity with supply base. Ensure efficient fulfillment of worldwide demand via contract manufacturers (CMs) and third-party logistics providers (3PLs).
- Interface with Finance, IT and Sales Ops teams on issues related to manufacturing operations and reporting
- Assist in the application of tools that simplify processes and create improved linkages between forecasting, financial and manufacturing management systems. Implement new and innovative techniques for cross-functional communication.
- Coordinate with logistics, engineering, production, sales, purchasing and sales administration to resolve issues of shipments, shortages, engineering changes, bills of material and order cancellations.
- Collect and analyze data, prepare reports, provide effective communication and problem solving feedback to management to support decision making for production quality and costs.
- College education preferred (BA/BS degree) and a minimum of three years' related experience. Demonstrated skills in the areas of operations, product planning, inventory management and some level of financial analysis. CPIM, APP, and/or CPM desired.
- Working knowledge of and experience with SAP preferred.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft® Word, Excel®, Outlook®, and Adobe® Acrobat® software. Experience using Microsoft's collaboration tools preferred, along with experience working in an organization that practices world-class manufacturing procedures.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Back to top