Product Manager, Gaming
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby At Dolby, we are creating spectacular user experiences at the intersection of art and science. Dolby technologies and innovations power these user experiences by connecting end-to-end ecosystems, from the artistic creative process, through distribution, all the way to endpoint playback. These ecosystems include premium Dolby Cinemas, gaming systems, home theaters, mobile devices, and pretty much everything in between. Come explore our laboratories, and discover the next wave of disruptive innovation.
The Opportunity Dolby is active in the video game market, working with game studio and console partners to integrate both Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos technologies into flagship game releases. Dolby is moving into the fast growing, live-streaming segment of gaming, and is building a lean, design-focused product development team in San Francisco to help execute on our product vision.Over the next year, we'll be taking our existing prototypes and turning them into a fully-featured product. That's where we need your help.
In this role, you will be the product owner and will be be joining aa growing, tight-knit, cross-functional, autonomous team that's responsible for making the product a success. You will represent Dolby as you engage with the market to uncover new customer requirements, market trends, and ultimately new business opportunities. You will then work closely with the organization to lead the product through development and bring it to market. This role will place an emphasis on building a new business for Dolby in the video game market.
The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurially minded, will possess a thorough understanding of game streaming, and will be familiar with the video game market overall. You will also be a strong strategist and marketer with experience identifying market opportunities, building products, and successfully bringing them to market. The video game market is highly specialized, and you will need to leverage your industry experience and knowledge to be successful. First-hand knowledge of game streaming tools and technology is a huge plus.
- Owns product and roadmap for the video game market
- Defines market requirements based on deep understanding of the video game market, key customers, and competition
- Works closely with target customers and UX team to drive product vision
- Works with marketing team to develop and execute go-to-market strategy
- Defines and prioritizes detailed product requirements
- Owns segmentation and positioning
- Monitor market research and global trends in the video game market
- Effectively communicates across all levels of the company to provide education on games products, share industry trends, and advocate for game use cases
- Contributes to revenue forecasting
- Bachelor's degree required in marketing, technical, or related fields
- Masters, advanced degree, and / or MBA is highly desirable
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant video game industry experience in product management or related fields
- Track record of managing successful products
- Proven experience in managing across the complete product lifecycle, from initial concept to end-of-life
- Strong, oral, and written, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills; excellent team member, having a strong presence with the talent to present
- Customer service experience with strong follow-up
- Passion for video games and game streaming
- Knowledge of video game market, relevant products, technologies and customers
- Video game industry connections highly desirable
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse teams, both functionally and geographically
- Ability to travel domestically and overseas. International travel and work experience desirable
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top