Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The newly created role of Product Manager, Cinema and Professional Loudspeaker Solutions will be a member of the team who oversee the product strategy & implementation for Dolby's cinema business. Working closely with the cross-functional business teams, along with the Dolby cinema engineering team, this role will help to develop new and innovative loudspeaker products specifically targeted to the cinema, live sound and installed sound markets.
The individual in this role is expected to have broad knowledge of the cinema and/or professional audio markets, including an in-depth understanding of transducers, loudspeaker systems, loudspeaker and room interactions, audio signal processing and product manufacturing. He/she must be a team player and thrive in an environment of diverse multi-functional teams, across different time zones around the world.
The role is responsible for the development and prioritization of products for the loudspeaker space. This will require engaging with people across multiple disciplines including R&D, engineering, manufacturing, sales, marketing, legal, support, operations and program management to deliver innovative products to the market and drive sales.
Scope and responsibilities
- Own the product lifecycle; including strategic product planning, product definition, product development, project management, delivery, support and end of life for cinema and professional loudspeakers
- Develop detailed product requirement documentation and use cases, ensuring the product is meeting market needs while hitting revenue and adoption targets
- Collaborate closely with Dolby's cross-functional product, manufacturing, marketing, engineering, and global support teams to ensure successful delivery of new products
- Contribute to the Cinema and Professional product roadmap and associated go-to-market planning activities
- Support the Sales team by providing detailed product information, sales tool kits, product training, and meet with customers or ecosystem partners
- Provide ongoing product support information to Dolby field support teams and regional Sales and Marketing teams
- Support Marketing to develop compelling product positioning and messaging
Skills, abilities & experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience with a comprehensive understanding of audio engineering or equivalent relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of transducers, loudspeaker systems and acoustics
- Ideally 10+ years in the cinema or pro audio market
- 6+ years in a Product Management role with direct responsibility for loudspeakers and/or audio products
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse teams, both functionally and geographically
- Organizational savvy to get things done in a dynamic deadline driven environment
- Excellent program and project management skills with high-ambiguity tolerance
- Proven ability of working hands-on and multitasking
- Solid written, verbal and technical language proficiency
- Ability to travel internationally
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top