Product Manager - Audio
- San Francisco, CA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby is seeking an aspirational, experienced, Product Manager to lead the global development team that creates professional SDKs and core services powering Dolby's next generation audio codecs and experiences, including Dolby AC-4 and Dolby Atmos. The position reports to the Group Product Manager of the Professional Products & Solutions Audio group, based at Dolby HQ on Market Street in San Francisco, USA. Our charter is to define and build the products and solutions necessary to enable broadcast, OTT, VOD, and music professionals to deliver spectacular Dolby Audio and Dolby Atmos experiences to international audiences through real-time and file-based workflows.
The Successful Candidate Should:
- Understand audio at its most basic level; you don't just listen to it or make it - you actually know how it works.
- Know that despite your products having a relatively small number of customers, they nourish a content distribution ecosystem that delivers spectacular audio experiences daily, at global scale - Apple, Netflix, Amazon Music, Disney Streaming Services, Harmonic, AWS Elemental, MediaKind, etc.
- Know and help our customers but don't want to just build them a faster horse; you seek a deep understanding of what they are trying to do (and why) and look for opportunities to disrupt the status quo.
- Read and research cloud computing blogs daily and have a thirst to deploy products and services in the cloud to leverage its speed, pricing model, flexibility, reliability, and security.
- Be able to go deep with engineering when required but understand that your real value is your business acumen, strategic thinking, and precisely-informed perspectives; you never lose sight of what your customers need, when they need it, and why.
- Thrive in an ambiguous environment but create structure for your team out of the chaos by clearly articulating product priorities and requirements (with customer data and insights to back them up).
- Analyze business and technical problems and make well thought out decisions based on sound data and experience.
- Be comfortable with agile methodologies and tools.
- Understand the benefits and tradeoffs between technology licensing and open source and know how to use each to your advantage.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have the tenacity to defend your position but are humble enough to commit to a course of action that has been decided on by leadership.
- Own the vision and roadmap for Dolby's professional core services and SDKs.
- Be the Product Owner for multiple scrum teams spread across the globe.
- Work with other teams in the organization to align with strategic objectives and roadmaps.
- Map product goals to executive strategy while striking a balance with the needs of your users.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research to identify requirements, analyze market opportunities, and set product strategy.
- Prepare and deliver presentations, demonstrations and product concepts; typical audiences include executive management, customers, and content distribution ecosystem partners.
- Perform competitive analysis and provide market insights to the organization.
- Work with the marketing team to create positioning and messaging for your products and services.
- Collaborate across the company (development, QA, design, technical publications, sales, sales-ops, marketing, finance, legal, and program management) to ensure the success of your product.
- Work with professional partners to integrate Dolby technologies into their products and solutions.
- 5+ years of Product Management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, marketing, or equivalent relevant field.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Back to top