Product Manager, API Platform
- San Francisco, CA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
What you will do:
Dolby has an amazing suite of audio, video and voice technologies and we're bringing them to the cloud.
We're looking for a passionate product manager to deliver cloud-based APIs. We care about making media look and sound spectacular, and we want to allow customers to gain new insights about their content that only Dolby can deliver. You'll be working at the intersection of art and science to develop the platform to deliver media processing and analytics APIs for developers across industries and across the globe. Your colleagues at Dolby are a set of creative and technical individuals who are passionate about audio and video.
If you're looking for an exciting position within a highly-visible part of Dolby's business, this is for you.
This job might be for you if:
- You have experience delivering software-as-a-service products
- You have a perspective on what is important to create a best-in-class customer experience
- You have experience with RESTful APIs
- You're passionate about delivering great products
- You love talking to customers to learn about their problems and how to solve them
- You're a great written and verbal communicator
- You can effortlessly synthesize strong requirements and drive them to completion
- You can partner cross-functionally to drive alignment within an organization
- You know how to motivate and drive engineering teams to get things delivered
- You're comfortable collaborating with teams in different geographies
- You'd like to travel to work with your team as well as domestic and international customers
- You care about sound, color, and light, and you want all of the developers to care too
What you'll do:
- Lead requirements and roadmap for the platform's customer experience
- Drive requirements and roadmap for our backend API infrastructure
- Communicate platform status and roadmaps to the broader Dolby organization
- Collaborate across business groups to mine new ideas to drive your roadmap
- Write and speak both internally and externally about your amazing product
- 2+ years of experience managing products
- Experience working with Media API's is strongly preferred
- Previous experience working with Agile or a startup environment is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, business, or relevant field
- Ability to travel internationally on occasion; this position will require travel throughout the Americas, Asia, and Europe
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Back to top