Product Development Specialist, Media Cloud
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby and Microsoft are both part of the everyday experience of billions of people around the world. As one of Dolby's strategic partners, we work together to change the way people interact with media in their daily lives. Come define how we create spectacular experiences for Microsoft's customers.
For over fifty years, Dolby has advanced the science of sight and sound to create spectacular experiences which exceed expectations. We tackle the hard problems, together with our partners, to change the way media is experienced. By building solutions which address all aspects of the media lifecycle (create, distribute, present), Dolby creates virtuous cycles that lift the industry to new levels.
Responsibility and Duties
As the Product Manager, you'll create and drive business value for Dolby through our relationship with Microsoft, and our unique strengths, capabilities and products. This role is focused on service-based opportunities within this ecosystem. Key responsibilities for this position include:
• Formulate business strategy - You'll work with other Business Owners and Product Managers to create strategies to address the Microsoft ecosystem at-scale. Business opportunities are evaluated for impact, and multi-year business plans and metrics are formulated and operationalized. Business planning brings multiple products together to create the kind of ecosystem value that has been a hallmark of Dolby.
• Understand our partner - Building relationships with technical and business leaders across Microsoft (and with related partners) is essential to formulating and executing effective strategy. Some travel will be involved.
• Contribute to innovation - Leveraging the understanding of the Microsoft ecosystem and our business strategy to address customers in Microsoft's markets, you should be comfortable collaborating with Dolby Engineering and Research leaders to create the innovation necessary for success.
• Collaborate with the Account Management organization - In conjunction with the Strategic Accounts team, you'll be expected to provide deep understanding of how Microsoft's and Dolby's businesses intersect to create effective account plans for our engagement with Microsoft and related partners.
• Support strategic engagements - In executing short- and long-term initiatives in the Microsoft ecosystem, you'll act as a focal point for cross-organizational efforts.
• Manage performance and key metrics - Our presence in the PC and other Microsoft-led markets contribute materially to Dolby's success. The Product Manager tracks and manages performance against the metrics and indicators of success in those markets.
Dolby has a long history of creating innovation, value and spectacular experiences by creating solutions that span from media creation to consumption. We continue to apply this ecosystem-level approach to new opportunities in a variety of audio, visual and related applications.
You'll report to the Senior Director, OS Ecosystems in the Consumer Entertainment Business Group. The role will involve collaboration with other Business Groups, as well as our research and advanced development organizations.
Qualifications and Skills
• 2-3 years' experience as a Product Manager or similar role bringing products from initial concept to market deployment
• Demonstrable capability formulating and communicating service-centric solution-level value propositions
• Experience defining and driving multi-year, multi-product roadmaps
• Experience bringing cloud offerings to market
• Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Heroku, or similar cloud or application management solutions
• Ability to perform light scripting
• Ability to bridge technical, user experience, and business worlds
• Effectiveness working in matrixed organizations
• Deep familiarity with the PC industry and its business structure
• Skilled at developing and exercising cross-functional influence, translating between business owners and functional / technical team
• Stay current with the latest technology trends innovations
• Have delivered results with a strong entrepreneurial spirit
• BS in Engineering or related field or related experience
• MBA Preferred
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Back to top