Physical Security Technology Systems Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As a Physical Security Technology Systems Engineer, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the operational availability of physical security systems and advise on the strategic technical roadmap for new and existing security infrastructure. You will apply your project management and technical skillsets to install, maintain, and repair our access control systems, surveillance cameras, and other low voltage physical security systems. You will manage vendors and work closely with cross functional global teams to manage new technology development and installation projects; as well as create a maintenance, update, audit schedule for active systems. The Technical Security Team is responsible for securing a complex mix of manufacturing, retail, and corporate facilities that provide a variety of physical and technical challenges. This role will be based in our San Francisco, CA location but will provide global support as needed to support Dolby's growth and mission.
- Manage Vendors and Contractors to complete complex security installations and database improvement projects
- Test, program, and commission new technical security devices while maintaining exceptional quality assurance
- Work closely with operations, real estate, production, information technology, global security, and other internal teams to procure, schedule, and install devices in fast-paced, production critical, environments
- Install, maintain, and repair access control systems, surveillance cameras, intrusion systems, and other physical security system components
- Collaborates with technical security team members to develop security system design and installation plans
- Survey new installations, create materials lists, and maintain on-site materials inventory
- Identify opportunities to improve performance and reduce cost with physical security technology
- Maintain system architecture documentation based on Dolby's technical security standards
- Schedule and conduct technical surveillance countermeasures (TSCM) surveys and inspections
- 5-8 years of related experience designing, installing, and maintaining technical security systems for corporate, manufacturing, and retail facilities
- Expert knowledge of low voltage electrical systems, video management systems, access control systems, and other technical security systems and devices
- Experience with industry standard installation tools and safety practices
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and navigate through an ambiguous environment; enjoys challenges
- Highly organized, with solid time management skills and acute attention to detail preferred
- Technical security system certifications (I.e. Lenel, Genetec, C-Cure, S2, Avigilon, Milestone) and/or related IT (i .e. CCNA) certifications preferred
- Familiarity with commercial/institutional building design and construction, including understanding of typical building systems (i.e. HVAC, electrical, lighting, building controls, etc.)
- Impeccable integrity and the ability to handle situations involving complicated, high-pressure legal or business relationships, as well as sensitive, confidential information
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams to achieve goals
- Global travel required as needed
- Advanced knowledge of CCURE security software
- Ability to work with database management teams to improve system automation
- Strong Project Management and organization skills
- Make sound decisions! The overall objective is to keep these security systems functioning at their highest level. Focus on important information without getting bogged down in unnecessary detail. Apply the appropriate technical knowledge, information, and expertise in making decisions. Be decisive in the face of uncertainty or ambiguity.
- Build realistic plans! Identify action steps needed to accomplish objectives. Prepare realistic estimates of time and resource requirements needed to accomplish the tasks or objectives or deliverables. Prioritize appropriately for the most efficient support.
- Manage execution and expectations! Convey clear expectations for any changes or updates to any and all security/supporting systems. Monitor and communicate progress in a timely manner. Provide honest, helpful feedback to others and help identify and prioritize project objectives as part of the Security systems team.
- Communicate! Communicate clearly, concisely, persuasively and consistently. Encourage others to share information and viewpoints frankly and openly. Proactively share timely updates and information with relevant parties.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Back to top