Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Would you like to be part of the exciting future of entertainment and add your talents to those of an amazing team?
As a Patent Administrator, you will work in the Patents and Trademarks Group (based in Amsterdam, NL) to protect our rights to our innovations. You will be responsible for coordinating the U.S. and foreign filing and prosecution. You also will be responsible for maintaining docket and filing records and will monitor critical due dates to ensure all deadlines are met. You will work with in-house patent attorneys and other patent administrators located in the US, as well as outside U.S., Europe, and foreign law firms and must have the ability to obtain and effectively communicate information related to pending patent applications and matters of U.S. and foreign patent law.
Essential Job Functions
• Initiate filing of EP, PCT and foreign patent applications.
• Some experience with the filing of U.S. patent applications highly desirable.
• Review patent correspondence, extract relevant information and coordinate disposition.
• Assist with dedocketing of deadlines for a patent application filed worldwide.
• Maintain records related to the prosecution of patent applications.
• Coordinate and manage special projects related to Dolby's worldwide patent portfolio.
• Prepare legal documents for international patent filings.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Education Required
• B.A. or B.S. degree or the equivalent inexperience.
• At least 5 years of combined foreign filing experience.
• Extensive knowledge of international patent filing procedures and rules.
• Experience with docket management software, preferably Anaqua.
• Ability to read, understand, extract and input relevant information accurately from legal documents.
• The ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
• Proven ability to work independently in meeting firm deadlines with precision and accuracy.
• Strong oral, written and organizational skills.
• An ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
EVERY BIT AMAZING!
Dolby Hiring Entity:
3E Herikerbergweg 1-35
1101 CN Amsterdam Zuidoost
Back to top