Operator Sales Manager
- Beijing, China
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby's Greater China's Sales Team is seeking a high energy, results oriented Operators Sales Manager who will plan and manage the business relationship and development and implementation of solutions-based sales strategies for Dolby's audio and video technologies for mobile operators. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of ten (10) years in a combination of sales experience representing and selling ingredient technologies to China Mobile in mobile devices and application spaces. IPTV experience is plus.
In addition, the ability to apply in-depth industry knowledge and trends to the sales process, and the technical acumen combined with intellectual curiosity to effectively communicate and demonstrate the advantages of Dolby's video and audio technologies, is essential.
This individual will be capable of engaging with customers and prospects to provide them with the information, and follow-through services required to successfully complete their new product designs. Furthermore, this individual should be comfortable presenting both the high level technical attributes of the Dolby technologies to the customer engineering staffs as well as addressing business and marketing issues with customer product managers and planners.
The Sales Manager will be the primary representative and "voice of the customer" within Dolby for assigned accounts. Through frequent contact and direct meetings with assigned accounts the Sales Manager will regularly report on the account status, key trends, competitive analysis and customer feedback.
The sales manager is also expected to foster business development and maintain account management. She should work closely with the company's technology offerings to bring about new applications for the company's licensed technologies: interfacing with marketing and engineering, as necessary, to bring to fruition.
The sales manager is expected to interact with the senior management of other divisions within Dolby to identify and analyzes business opportunity and business model of moderate scope and makes recommendations based on identifiable factors. She should exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
This position will require working closely with international sales counterparts to effectively engage with regional offices of multinational organizations to build awareness and preference for Dolby video and audio technologies that will ultimate influence the design decisions of worldwide product planning committees.
Responsibilities also include, communicating to Dolby management and marketing on significant design activity, competitive activity, and market trends.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage mobile operator accounts and its ecosystem in mobile device's feature standardization, alleviate mobile entertainment demand in audio and video experience
- Experience with Mobile Operator's value-added service is a must
- Develops and executes account plans for designated key accounts and design win strategies that drive the achievement of the sales goals.
- Maintain account relationship with senior level; experience with engaging senior management is essential
- Interact with content providers and OEM manufacturers as needed to conduct the business sales using a diplomatic, professional and service-oriented approach, including written correspondence and face-to-face meetings.
- Provide analysis, insights, and direction to Dolby's Mobile, PC, Mobile Operators segment teams on priorities and quarterly goals to attain market penetration and ensures sales forecast is achieved.
- Builds a network of customer and industry contacts to facilitate sales development and successes; attends major conferences to ensure sales goals are being met, customer experience is maximized and new sales opportunities are identified.
- Regularly communicates and meets with prospects and customers as necessary to lead the account relationship
- Understands the industry and customer business and technology needs, identifies suitable areas where new technologies and or services will add business advantage and acts as a customer advocate to presents those recommendations to Marketing and Engineering.
- Interfaces with Dolby Engineering and Marketing to provide input and suggestions for new products and features, based on customer needs and competitive information. Leverages customer meetings to gather intelligence about customers' end productplans, product requirements and sharing data with relevant internal Dolby teams.
- Manages and closes sales opportunities through forecasting, account strategy, and planning.
- Ensures an increasing sales pipeline for Dolby's voice, audio and video technologies within the consumer electronics industry. Develops and maintains competitive knowledge on industry and products to leverage in sales calls.
Education, Skills, Abilities, and Experience Required:
- BSEE above or equivalent. Exposure to applications of audio and video products and technologies or 10 years of relevant work experience. MBA a plus but not required.
- Strong customer relationship development and account management skill are essential
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to work independently to achieve goals established in a team environment.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of ten (10) years of sales experience representing and selling ingredient technologies with demonstrated abilities for problem solving, creativity and a proven track record in sales of voice, audio, or video technologies.
- Demonstrably excellent selling and business development skills, time management, communications, decision making, interpersonal skills, presentation and organization skills. Professional appearance and presentation required.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Interest in audio and video production, music, games or films desirable.
- Position will require 20 to 30% percent travel, which would include domestic and international travel
- Fluency in English and Mandarin essential
- Perform duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or any member of the Dolby management team, subject to approval by direct manager and/or department VP.
- Perform tasks necessary to complete performance objectives.
- Assist team members as needed.
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Back to top