Mobile Tech Lead - Advanced Media Systems
- Sydney, Australia
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby is seeking a talented media-focused Staff Mobile Engineer/Tech Lead to join our Advanced Media Systems team focused on drastically enhancing OTT Video delivery - minimizing buffering, maximizing data rate and minimizing startup time. This is a senior technical contributor and developer role that requires knowledge in mobile app development (ideally on both Android and iOS), server-side APIs and cloud media delivery infrastructure. This is a great opportunity to play a key role in a dynamic team, working on cutting edge mobile audio-video playback and streaming technology.
- Design, develop and deliver mobile audio-video playback and streaming applications.
- Lead and contribute to high quality mobile app architecture.
- Apply software engineering design patterns to develop well-structured, performant application code.
- Serve as a senior member of project scrum team and follow industry best practice software development processes.
- Serve as a technical mentor for other mobile app developers.
- Analyze and model media delivery engineering problems.
- Optimize low-level, performance-critical code on mobile platforms
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or comparable field.
- 6+ years' solid commercial experience developing native Android or iOS apps including shipping on respective App stores.
- Experience using JSON and REST-based APIs within mobile applications.
- Detailed knowledge of programming languages applicable to either Android or iOS and good general understanding of native app ecosystems
- Experienced and comfortable working within an Agile Environment.
- Ability to identify and mitigate risks in a large project.
- Experience or solid theoretical understanding of digital media delivery techniques, including:
- Content Encoding & Packaging
- Media Playback
- Digital Rights management
- Content Distribution
- Object oriented software design skills.
- Working knowledge of application and transport protocols (ideally including low level networking implementations).
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Back to top