Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent, people inspired by the rapidly expanding world of Consumer Entertainment. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
In this position, you will be part of the whole Dolby Atmos Sound System (DASS) engineering team to develop mechanical and acoustic system designs for transducer enclosure for PCs and TVs that enable an immersive audio experience through an end-end audio subsystem. Be part of an engineering team based in Shanghai that works in a fast-paced and creative environment. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with a passion for component and system level tear down, mechanical design and prototype builds and is comfortable working in a lab environment with various tools. The successful applicant will be working with the Product Development and Engineering teams and manufacturing partners to bring world class audio products from concept to market.
- Work with external customers, Dolby partners, and other internal Dolby teams to bring new audio experiences to new devices
- Work closely with acoustic engineers to design speaker and enclosures per spec, build and assemble speaker modules, modify existing systems (PCs, TVs), design and build grilles.
- Oversee the mechanical design execution with internal, subcontract and supplier resources including negotiation of materials used, work performed and timely delivery
- Research and explore materials, components and processes needed to work on components and systems at hand
- 3D print enclosures and build speaker modules
- Lab organization and lab skills such as cabling, speaker wiring, UV gluing. Use of lab tools such as Soldering iron, drill press, precision tooling, laser cutters, 3D Printers
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Industrial Design
- 2+ year of experience in the mechanical design and development of loudspeaker systems in the consumer market
- Mechanical skills to apply basic engineering concepts and mechanical processes to the design of new devices
- Experience of designing and modeling transducers and enclosures
- Experience of working with manufacturing partners and familiar with their process
- Proficiency using 3D CAD software such as SolidWorks
- Capability to create 2D drawings using best practices, GD&T, ISO, FAI, SPC
- Knowledge of performing FEA for structural, vibrations, and thermal
- Experience with lab tool operations: 3D printing, Laser Cutters, Dremel tool, Drill Press, Soldering, UV glue
- Experience with computational acoustic simulations (FEM, BM) a bonus
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top