Marketing Events Intern
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby seeks an intern in the Sponsored Events department in Global Marketing. The position will support marketing activations for a sponsorship portfolio of two high profile properties. The job tasks will include business management support, hospitality, ticketing, event operations and promotions. The position reports to the Snr. Sponsorship Marketing Manager and supports all marketing programs, hospitality and special events, as assigned, to meet Dolby sponsorship objectives. The position also manages the coordination of group tours and ticketing for the sponsorship portfolio of properties. The job includes ticketing and hospitality for approx. 60 annual concerts, business events, and film premieres with 1400 tickets distributed a year. The position collaborates closely with all departments at Dolby, external customers and is expected to maintain the highest levels of guest service.
• Support the management of Dolby's sponsorship portfolio of properties.
• Responsible for special event coordination of film premieres at Dolby Theatre, support of Dolby's Emmys and Oscars marketing programs, product launch events, and/or customer events.
• Responsible for prompt management of DolbyTheatreEvents.com RSVP collection email. Ticketing staff is the designated on-site Will Call contact
• Responsible for tours, and ticketing to concerts, comedy act performances, film premieres, film festivals, TV shows, product launches, Dolby technology events and programs, partner events, screenings, speaker presentations, receptions, galas and after-parties.
• Manage tour coordination including communications with properties, Dolby customers and employees. Provide tour information, and logistics and confirmation communications.
• Communicate clearly and concisely. Schedule meetings, distribute invitations, prepare ticket packages, confirm seat locations, create and respond to FAQ's from EA's, ELT and customers.
• Promptly respond and communicate with customers and employees. Adherence to Dolby ticketing process, protocols and procedures. Maintain event summaries and recording of ticketing transactions.
• Promptly respond to inquiries and meet deadlines
• 2-3 years of marketing, studio or special event planning experience
• Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, problem-solver and project management experience
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed for events, concerts, film premieres
• Able to travel 10%, as required
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing or related field a plus
• Understanding of entertainment industry a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top