Manufacturing and Test Engineer
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The Manufacturing and Test Engineer is responsible for validating the manufacturing and test processes at internal and external sites and participating in the hands-on development or oversight/review of all PCBA (SMT), Mechanical builds, test, and pack-out (FATP) activities.
The MTE in this role must have an understanding of hardware design, SMT/FATP manufacturing processes and test methodology. This position is responsible for all aspects of product build and test through all stages in the product lifecycle: providing DFx feedback during product design, identifying and reporting production process issues, identifying and resolving issues during development, and carrying through continuous improvement and product maintenance activities during production and ramp down at EOL.
This position requires extensive travel in Asia. Primary day-to-day activity will be at locations in Johor Bahru, Malaysia with occasional travel to Thailand, China, and the US. An active passport and ability to travel is required.
• Under the guidance of the Sr. MTE, works with the ME or Manufacturing Partner in the design and development of manufacturing process and fixturing at Dolby's manufacturing partner facilities.
• Under the guidance of the Sr. MTE, works with the ME or Manufacturing Partner in the design and development of test hardware and test plans at the PCB and FATP level.
• Work cross-functionally with Engineering Design Teams and Program Management to achieve project milestones.
• Participates with the Sr. MTE in the develop of test scripts for characterization, production and data analysis.
• Provides DFx feedback to the Sr. MTE during development.
• Actively engages with the ME or Sr. MTE to troubleshoot manufacturing yield and provide solutions that address root cause systemically.
• During NPI stages and MP, provides on-site support to our internal team and manufacturing partners.
SKILLS AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
• 2+ years of direct experience managing the build and test of electronics products with hands-on experience in PCBA and FATP level manufacture, test, programming, and packaging.
• Proficient in analog and digital circuit design and debug. RF is a plus.
• Experience with Failure Analysis to the component level
• Familiarity with test instruments including spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators, network analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
• Strong experience programming and scripting for test in Perth, Visual Basic, C++ and Matlab
• Familiarity and/or past experience with Java, and LabVIEW.
• Excellent English communication skills; verbal and written
• Travel up to 50%
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering required
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Back to top