Manager, Technical Communications
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Business Group: Consumer Entertainment
About the role:
The Manager, Technical Communications, leads a team of professionals developing world class technical communication of Dolby technology products. Based in San Francisco or Sunnyvale, you are a key member of the Technical Communications organization, which works across all Dolby business lines and locations. Your team members are embedded in product development teams across Dolby's audio and imaging product lines, engaging daily with developers, QA, product managers, support engineers, and program managers to develop high-quality documentation that is changing the way the world sees and hears content.
The team is smart, hard-working and passionate; we're looking for a coach, mentor, and advocate who understands the best ways to create, maintain and improve technical documentation and can contribute to and execute a content strategy for Dolby that ultimately leads to our customers' success.
The job might be for you if:
- You take pride in seeing a team succeed, and know how to provide them with support, training and a path to grow
- You're a natural communicator and aren't afraid to speak up for the team and for the discipline of technical communications
- You love project work and the craft of writing; you practice what you preach and bring new ideas, processes and perspectives to the team
- You love the challenge of juggling several things at once and making it seem easy
- You're passionate about user-centered development
- You love working with business owners to understand priorities, and figuring out where to best invest time and effort
- You enjoy engaging with dynamic development teams delivering cutting-edge technology
We are looking for:
- At least two years experience leading a team of technical writers and eight years of experience delivering English-language technical content
- Extensive experience in the successful management of complex projects with deep technology.
- Demonstrated skills motivating, managing, and challenging a diverse group of smart people engaged in multiple projects.
- Experience with structured authoring to improve content reusability.
- Experience using XML, DITA, and content management systems.
- Understanding of software development practices
- Experience in audio/video processing/distribution, silicon, or similar complex technology domain
- Experience in Agile development methodology
- A Master's degree; or equivalent professional experience with a Bachelor's degree.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Jennine M.Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top