Licensing Technician 4
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Responsible for technical functions in support of licensing engineering activities such as product design and performance testing/verification, product troubleshooting and new & experimental technology testing. Testing is performed on analog, digital and/or video circuits and logic systems. Utilizes customized automation, scripting languages, command-line, Unix, Linux, development & diagnostic equipment such as oscilloscopes, VOM, DVM, computers and specialized test apparatus and test equipment. Performs operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment and is able to determine actions to remedy malfunctions. Assists in the development of procedures and documentation used in test kits
Works on assignments that are complex in nature where judgement is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations. Normally receives no instruction on routine work and minimal to no instruction on new assignments.
Essential Job Functions
- Timely and accurate technical evaluation of licensed product including testing, diagnosis and troubleshooting.
- Documentation of evaluation results.
- Support engineering activities and projects.
- Represent Dolby in a technical capacity during customer on-site evaluation visits.
- Evaluate new or unique applications of licensed technology.
- Assists in the development of procedures and documentation.
- Perform duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or any member of the Dolby management team, subject to approval by direct manager and/or departmental VP.
- Perform tasks necessary to complete performance objectives.
- Assist team members as needed.
Education, Skills, Abilities, and Experience Required
- ASEE, CS, EE or equivalent degree and/or demonstrated experience.
- 3 to 5 years experience in computer/electronics industry, including hands-on testing and debug experience.
- Education and experience should include exposure to the following: DSP, Perl, Python, Batch and Bash, Linux, Unix, networking and internet protocol, analog and digital circuitry, PC architecture, audio/video design, broadcast technologies and testing/troubleshooting.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical ideas both verbally and in writing.
- General computer skills. (word processing, email scheduling and database)
- Some professional or semi-professional audio experience helpful, especially critical listening skills.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top