Licensing Sales Manager, Gaming
- Tokyo, Japan
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent, including sales professionals with a passion for great products. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The License Sales Manager reports to Director License Sales and closely works with other managers in sales, engineering, marketing, sales operations, etc. and managers in US to establish sales strategies, execute sales goals for targeted market and customers in Japan, and leads the business successfully. This role will be responsible for targeted revenues and financial results in the short and mid-term business plans.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for establishing the business strategy, achieving annual/quarterly revenue plan and qualitative project goals, and selling technologies and licensees, contributing to the development and dissemination of Dolby Eco System.
- Manage accounts in Japan.
- Sell Dolby's new and existing technologies including Dolby Atmos based on object audio for immersive experience and Dolby Vision based on HDR (High Dynamic Range), ensure its deployment with support and engineering team, contribute to success of customers through such sales and deployment, and indirectly provide for exciting experience of entertainment to consumers.
- Develop gaming industry to adopt Dolby technologies above and to increase gaming titles/contents with Dolby technologies for gaming consoles, titles/contents, PC, mobile, cloud and others.
- Routinely communicate with middle or high level contacts of our major customers through visits, phone-calls and e-mails, and update our sales tactics and plans internally with their feedback and the latest market information.
- Work closely with the Directors/Managers of Engineering, Marketing, Sales Operations, etc., to establish strategic partnership with leading licensees and potential customers to be engaged and keep middle/high-level communication with these stakeholders for the planned results.
- Contribute to marketing events, promotion and other activities to maximize Dolby brand awareness and the technology exposure.
- Work with sales operation administrators and IP compliance team and resolve any sales related issues such as discrepancies in reporting to Dolby.
- Keep routinely updating and maintaining fundamental database entries such as Salesforce, status reports, revenue and forecast as well as the group budget status.
- Work with colleagues across the company to develop business growth strategies and ensure alignment with those strategies.
- Performs duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Assists team members as needed.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Business Administration, Economy, Marketing, Communications, Engineering or any other related fields of this role.
- Minimum 5 years Sales and or similar experience with good results.
- Business experience with gaming console makers and gaming software developers.
- Preferred experience: Business experience in Sony Interactive Entertainment, Microsoft(Xbox), Nintendo, and related gaming major developers such as SQUARE ENIX, CAPCOM, KONAMI.
- Strong oral, written, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Japanese: native-level proficiency required.
- English: TOEIC score more than 750 required.
- Some domestic trip between Tokyo and major regional cities is required. International one also required, not so frequent though.
- Preferred experience : License Sales experience & knowledge in major CE OEMs industry in Japan.
- Please note that the position is based in Tokyo, Japan and that there is no relocation package available.
- If you are interested, please submit CVs both in English and Japanese upon application.
Back to top