Licensing Sales Manager
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
We are hiring a Sales Manager to manage our partnerships and relationships within a key account. Dolby's audio and video technologies offer our partners a tremendous opportunity to deliver compelling experiences that delight their consumers. You will help drive the adoption and the expansion of Dolby technologies in devices and services. We are seeking a sales leader with the right mix of passion, drive to get things done, relationship skills, strategic insight, analytical ability, and creativity.
Dolby has a consultative selling culture and the sales manager will be part of the Strategic Accounts Sales Team; our sales leaders are responsible for one of the most critical parts of our organization - our partners. You will be responsible for developing sales strategies and building successful partnerships by identifying, prioritizing, and driving multiple sales campaigns with a key account that drives significant value to Dolby.
- Identify, structure, negotiate and close technology licensing relationships with a strategic account
- Craft and drive creative selling strategies; show persistence, urgency, a willingness to take risks, and quickly learn/pivot when necessary
- Identify barriers to deal closure and successfully direct activities for successful resolution
- Develop account vision to emphasize the intersection between Dolby technologies and brand promise with the products and services delivered by our industry-leading partners
- Assemble and drive internal, cross-functional, global teams to execute on your overall account vision(s) and create opportunities to expand business relationships with our partners
- Identify opportunities for creating unique and unexpected value for our customers
- Own relationships with customers and prospective customers at appropriate levels ensuring relationship growth and satisfaction
Skills and Education
- Passion for technology, consumer electronics, movies, music, photography, video editing, gaming, storytelling or other artistic pursuit
- 8 years of demonstrated success in sales, client relations, business development, or other customer-related field
- See every roadblock as an opportunity to exercise creativity and persuasion
- Goal-oriented, autonomous, and structured approach to work; team spirit; personal initiative
- Creative and able to build things; extraordinary vision with an ability to persuade customers, partners, internal stakeholders
- Possess a can-do, growth mindset
- Ability to leverage your professional network to uncover new business opportunities for Dolby
- Broad business skills and technical acumen with deep appreciation for the creative process and intent
- Naturally develop deep relationships with colleagues and customers
- Think big picture, long-term and creatively in adapting strategies in partner engagements
- Serve as the 'voice of the partner' within Dolby to influence Dolby's product strategies and roadmaps
- Position will require travel within the Bay Area and Los Angeles
- BA/BS or equivalent required; Master degree desirable
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Back to top