Lead Brand Planner/Creative Strategist
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As a member of the Brand team, the Lead Brand Planner / Creative Strategist will help set communications strategies, and then drive the translation of those strategies into creative executions.It is a pivotal role that will address experiences as diverse as cinema, live music, gaming, OTT, broadcast, and conferencing; devices including televisions, mobile devices, PCs, home theatre, gaming consoles; and technologies spanning audio to imaging.
We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in strategic settings, while having no problem 'rolling up the sleeves' with team members to tackle tactics and get the job done.
- Lead strategic conversations that help rethink and reimagine the way we communicate with people in the world today.
- Draw on many different sources of insight and knowledge to weave together a strong creative concept and narrative that act as the North Star for creative communications for each of our brands.
- Develop insight-driven creative briefs that inspire the best work possible.
- Work closely and productively with internal and external creative teams to ensure strategic communications and brand alignment while supporting creative impact.
- Build relationships and garner insight from people in a variety of different disciplines across Dolby.
- Build out planning best practices and process at Dolby
- Work effectively within a collaborative environment to achieve great things
- A deep understanding of, and extensive experience in, brand communications.
- A wide range of experience working on brands that tell inspiring and engaging stories.
- A track record of leading strategic conversations with a wide range of people in different disciplines.
- Experience building productive, collaborative relationships with creative people who span many fields - advertising, video, interactive, print, retail.
- Solid skills in core areas including media and communications planning, brand strategy, insights and research
- Ability to manage creative agency relationships
- Ability to understand varied technologies and translate that understanding into both business and consumer-facing strategies
- Great writing skills, visual story-telling skills, and presentation skills
- 8 - 10 years of planning experience and/or brand strategy experience
- Experience working on brands in entertainment and/or consumer electronics a plus
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Back to top