Junior Mechanical Engineer
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
This newly created role of Associate Engineer, Mechanical to support Dolby's Cinema and Professional Loudspeaker solutions will be a member of an engineering team that develops products for the Dolby Cinema business unit. Working closely with the cross-functional business teams, along with the core Dolby cinema engineering team, the successful candidate will utilize the tools and processes of our world class engineering group to bring advanced, disruptive products to market.
The individual is expected to have some knowledge of the cinema and/or professional audio markets, and a background in transducers, loudspeaker systems, loudspeaker and room interactions, audio signal processing and product manufacturing is a clear advantage. He/she must be a team player and thrive in an environment of diverse multi-functional teams, across different time zones around the world.
The successful candidate will regularly engage with people across multiple disciplines including R&D, engineering, manufacturing, support, operations and program management to deliver innovative products to the market and drive increased market share.
Scope and responsibilities
- Design product concepts in 3D CAD utilizing Product Design Management (PDM) and Agile Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems
- Create engineering documentation and product bill of material
- Interface with component, tooling and manufacturing vendors to ensure the ME design meets product development expectations
- Perform design and analysis of mechanical systems, enclosures and product protective packaging
- Conduct environmental tests such as thermal, shock and vibration. Issue test reports on findings and analysis
- Directly support internal or external customers in detailed part design, hands-on prototype fabrication and product evaluation
Skills, abilities & experience
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Training or work exposure to 3D CAD modeling, simulation and documentation (SolidWorks preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic knowledge of machine shop and mechanical instrumentation practices
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse teams, both functionally and geographically
- Organizational savvy to get things done in a dynamic deadline driven environment
- Proven ability of working hands-on and multitasking
- Solid written, verbal and technical language proficiency
- Ability to travel internationally
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Senior HR Representative
Kari works with managers and business partner teams on new company mergers and acquisitions—providing guidance about the ins and outs of Dolby to ensure smooth business transitions.
Back to top