IT Support Specialist
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The Deskside Support IT Specialist will provide IT Service delivery, support, and operational maintenance for corporate end-users within our offices. You will work closely with Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Finance to maintain and support services for our end users.
Need to have creative problem-solving ability, good verbal and written communication skills, and have experience with the following:
- Multi-platform client computing across Windows & Apple clients operating systems.
- Communication and collaboration systems including MS Outlook email, video conferencing and VoIP telephony systems; mobile telephony; Web and audio conferencing
- Network knowledge of client LAN, wireless, and remote access networks.
- End-user accounts administration via Active directory
- MS Office and similar deskside productivity software
Essential Job Functions
- Supports IT Service delivery to end-users according to service level commitments, corporate policy, organizational standards, and compliance requirements including:
- Service Request Fulfillment
- Incident Management
- Access Management
- Meets service level commitments as defined by management and end-users
- Has knowledge of IT standards as established at our Global Headquarters in San Francisco, on a day-to-day basis:
- Network (e.g., patching, VPN Client, TCPIP Fundamentals, DHCP, DNS, WINS; remote access)
- Directory Services (e.g., Active Directory)
- Data backup and protection, utilizing client tools such as Code42
- IT security including Antivirus, Malware protection using CBDefense
- Basic knowledge of AV and Video Conference services
- Telephony systems (e.g. mobile, audioconference, corporate telephony, unified communications, and EMM using Workspace One)
- Desktop services (e.g., PC and Apple hardware, operating system, and standard applications)
- Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction
- Performs duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor,
- Performs tasks necessary to complete day to day operations.
- Assists team members as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Education Required
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of experience in an IT organization.
- Required experience supporting a diverse end-user computing environment
- Required experience performing Deskside Support administration and software configuration in a multi-platform environment Apple and Windows.
- Knowledge of Apple/Microsoft operating systems and applications like Mac OSX, Win10, remote desktop, VMWare Workstation/Fusion; MS Teams; Office suite; Visual Studio, etc
- Required proficency in verbal and written business communication skills.
- Required proficiency in both spoken and written English required.
- College degree a plus.
- Preffered industry certifications to include Microsoft, Cisco, ITIL, or similar
- Preferred Experience with Apple Hardware & OSX Support, a dministering mobile phone devices and services including iOS and Android devices, MS Exchange Activesync, etc
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Back to top