IT Infrastructure Engineer
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Would you like to be part of the exciting future of entertainment and add your talents to those of an amazing team?
In this role you will be responsible for building and maintaining IT infrastructure systems and services for Dolby globally, with a diversity of focus on maintaining the stability, security, and productivity of the corporate system and network infrastructure. You will be responsible for performing research, conducting assessments, recommending solutions, and implementing enhancements to the corporate systems and network environments. You will maintain, administer, and troubleshoot server and network operations on a day-to-day basis. Provides technical consultation to support staff and to business stakeholders on their initiatives. This position reports directly to the Sr. IT Operations Manager and will report indirectly to the IT Core Infrastructure Manager.
Essential Job Functions
Technical Areas of Focus includes the building, maintenance, and support of:
- Active Directory (requirement)
- Exchange 2013 and Exchange Office 365 (requirement)
- Backup and Recovery
- Server virtualization VMWare
- Data center systems (local and Co-located)
- Administrative services, ticket management, and operations maintenance
What to expect from the role:
- Support Exchange 2013 and Exchange Office 365, including completing service requests and applying enhancements to our envirionment
- Able to provide network administration for LAN, WAN, wireless, and remote access. You will have the ability to manage the infrastructure on requests, enhancements or escalations for various network solutions (including Cisco, Meraki and SilverPeak WAN optimization devices).
- Support the Active Directory infrastructure
- Support the VMWare server virtualization infrastructure, including the development, implementation and management of services, storage and backup, systems hosting, and active directory. Ideally with knowledge on open source hypervisior .
- Implements and maintains IT infrastructure technology standards and processes that meet or beat corporate customers’ requirements and expectations
- Transition new systems improvements to the IT Services operations team to satisfy corporate customers’ needs.
- Project manage and execute IT service enhancements and projects as assigned.
- Provide senior level support for IT Service delivery to the corporate end user according to service level commitments, corporate policy, corporate standards, and compliance requirements including:
- Service Request Fulfillment
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Access Management
- Change Management
- Meet or beats service level commitments as defined by management and end-users
- Maintain infrastructure services on a day-to-day basis. Assists in maintenance of 99.9%+ up-time for Infrastructure systems.
- Train and consult with endusers and management regarding IT services.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Maintain and produce systems documentation in support of operations.
- Travel for business as required
- Occasionally work during odd hours to support project go-lives or coordinate with team member in other time zones for critical projects
- Performs duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
- Performs tasks necessary to complete performance objectives
- Assists team members as needed
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Education Required
- Experience in supporting Exchange 2013 and Exchange Office 365 (Exchange 2013 preferrable certified)
- Strong analytical skills, ability to research and test solutions, strong planning and project coordination skills
- Strong written and verbal business communication skills
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English required
- Previous experience as a network or systems administrator (3-5 years minimum)
- College education or related work experience required
Additional skills required (nice to have):
- Cisco networks certifications required (CCNA, CCDP). Knowledge in administration of Cisco, Meraki and PaloAlto firewalls, with preference knowledge about SilverPeak WAN optimization.
- Windows Server 2012, 2016, and supporting AD infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of Vmware Enterprise products (ESX, vCenter, vCops, vMA)
- Strong knowledge of various storage architecture (Block, iSCSI, NTFS, etc)
- Hands on experience implementing and supporting highly-available (HA) server infrastructure (Blade Chassis, Fiber Channel, etc)
- Experience administering and maintaining MS Windows networking services in a LAN/WAN environment. Windows and Exchange Powershell knowledge desired
- Experience administering and maintaining LAN/WAN hardware and systems, i.e. Cisco and Meraki switches, routers, out-of-band access, UPS, etc
- Solid knowledge of messaging, remote access services (RAS) and networked applications interoperability, and IT industry standards
- Prior project leadership/responsibility on larger Server, LAN / WAN IT-related projects required
- Current MCSE, VCA/VCP, or equivalent certification desired
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Senior HR Representative
Kari works with managers and business partner teams on new company mergers and acquisitions—providing guidance about the ins and outs of Dolby to ensure smooth business transitions.
Back to top