Internship in Technical Communication
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby is seeking a dynamic candidate to work as an intern in the technical publications team in our Nürnberg office in Germany for a period of 4 to 6 months starting in October 2016.
- Contribute to projects led by a senior technical writer, and/or work independently on single and/or smaller, simpler projects with mentoring support by a senior technical writer or manager.
- Work with subject matter experts in San Francisco, Nürnberg, Sydney, and other Dolby offices worldwide to develop modular and reusable documentation.
- You will also serve as an interdepartmental point person on these activities
- Create, revise, edit, and design technical instructions, illustrations, and test documentation. Final deliverable formats include HTML, PDF, online help systems, XML consumed by automated systems, and fill-in forms.
This is a great opportunity to learn about technical communication in a structured environment, content management, XML, and DITA.
As intern you will get to:
- Learn to work within a dynamic, cross-cultural, and global team.
- Support the global information architects group in evolving, improving, explaining, and maintaining consistent alignment of methodologies across business units.
- Support the global information architects group in configuring an authoring, editing and publishing environment to ensure efficient documentation workflow.
- Support the global information architects group in maintaining the information architecture, templates, style guide, internal documentation, and conditional processing and publishing scenarios.
- Support the global information architects group in running code reviews on DITA sources.
- Write and illustrate English-language technical documentation for distribution to Dolby licensees, partners, and end-user customers in collaboration with product development teams.
- Conduct up-front analysis, develop formal use cases, and task-based documentation.
The Internship position requires relevant studies or professional experience:
- Full-time student of a technical communication university program, participant in the tekom-certification program, or any other comparable program
- Technical writing abilities:
- Experience with single source publishing, content management, and/or XML
- Familiarity with a CCMS and other source control platforms helpful
- Familiarity with oXygen XML editor helpful
- Basic DITA knowledge helpful
- Good communication skills and willingness to ask questions and learn
- Collaborative, organized, and resourceful team player
- Passion, enthusiasm, and a good sense of humor
- A proactive, can-do attitude
Back to top