Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby Laboratories, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Staff Internal Auditor with a passion for auditing and desire to understand processes from end-to-end while looking to leverage skills in both financial and IT auditing. As a Staff Internal Auditor, you will be involved in both Dolby's internal audit projects and Sarbanes-Oxley testing efforts. This position offers high visibility throughout the organization and an opportunity to gain a broad and deep understanding of the Company's key operations and processes.
This role presents an excellent, long-term path for career development at Dolby-whether seeking advancement in the Internal Audit (IA) group, or pursuing other opportunities throughout the Finance organization or the company. Dolby's Chief Financial Officer and Director of Internal Audit are committed to recruiting great talent into Dolby through the Internal Audit organization-where individuals can learn a great deal about the enterprise-and then find other opportunities throughout the organization for continued growth and development where the IA experience can be leveraged.
- Assist in Internal Audit planning activities for both SOX and operational audits, including risk assessment, scoping analysis, planning, execution and communication.
- Participate and facilitate discussions with process/controls owners in reviewing Dolby's business process documentation.
- Perform testing of Dolby's key finance and IT-related SOX controls to obtain assurance over the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal controls and identify opportunities for process improvements. Ensures audit work and findings are adequately documented. Execute operational audits; identify and document observations and recommendations.
- Actively seeks the development of new or improved procedures or ideas to create value-add internal control and business process improvement suggestions that help to enhance overall profitability and efficiency of the company.
- Create accurate, logical and detailed work-papers clearly describing the work performed, testing results and conclusions for both SOX control testing and internal audit projects.
- Support the Internal Audit team's periodic risk assessment and development of the annual audit plan.
- Work with Internal Audit team managers, director and various stakeholders to address issues or gaps identified, develop recommendations and monitor the remediation of prior period issues.
- Maintain professional image and provide value to all stakeholders, while maintaining confidential treatment of information. Exhibit and promote high ethical standards.
Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, or related field
- 2+ years of experience across accounting, and/or audit is desirable (Big 4 experience is preferred)
- CPA, CIA, CISA or other auditing certification or designation is desirable
- Knowledge of internal audit methodology, US GAAP and SOX requirements
- Strong written and verbal communications skills - Ability to articulate when soliciting and sharing information with project stakeholders and team members
- Excellent documentation and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Aptitude to actively manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Visio
- Working knowledge of SAP ERP, GRC and other SAP Business suite applications is desirable
- Ability to travel 10% domestically or internationally
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Back to top