Intern Software Engineer - Technology Incubation Group
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby is currently seeking talented undergraduate students across Software Engineering, Computer Science and I.T. disciplines to join our Technology Incubation team for a practically focused paid internship.
You will have the opportunity to work with world class Software and Research Engineers on the cutting edge of IoT, speech recognition and AI, as well as continuing your learning through a dynamic on the job experience.
As an Intern Software Engineer in Dolby's Technology Incubation Group; you will contribute to the design, maintenance, and testing of our cutting-edge research codebases. Bring your programming experience in Julia, Python, Lua, MATLAB or C/C++ and help us define the future of play and listen technology across multiple devices in the home.
The program has been created with the intention of bringing the next generation of software engineering and research talent to Dolby. Participation in the program is a bonus when it comes to consideration for full time opportunities within the company.
Education, Skills, Abilities, and Experience Required:
- Engineering/Computer Science student with strong academic record (Distinction average or above);
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development in one or more of the following programming languages or similar - Julia, Python, Lua, Ruby, MATLAB, C/C++;
- High level written and verbal communication in both general and technology-specific applications;
- Ability to work unsupervised when required.
- Understanding of software design and software lifecycle maintenance;
We also like people who have -
• A genuine love of technology and writing great code;
• A passion for audio;
• An interest in speech technology, IoT or AI
• Hobbies! We love to see people who can invent;
• An interest in more than just getting high grades (although that's important too);
• Motivation. You're a self-starter."
To apply: Please submit a resume, academic transcript and a cover letter explaining why the internship should be yours.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top