Intern DSP Software Engineer
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby is currently seeking talented undergraduate students across Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science and I.T. disciplines to join a cutting edge Research and Development facility for a practically focused paid internship.
You will have the opportunity to work with world-class engineers and researchers on cutting-edge technologies, as well as continuing your learning through a dynamic on the job experience.
As an Intern DSP/Software Engineer; you will be responsible for the design, implementation and the testing of Dolby algorithms and software, using your engineering creativity to develop solutions to technical problems.The team you would be joining works on a wide range of projects, for example, object-based audio bringing Dolby Atmos to the home, Dolby's next-generation codec AC4, audio post-processing - delivering awesome audio experiences in mobile devices and audio capture technology to generate content with surround sound.
The program has been created with the intention of bringing the next generation of engineering and research talent to Dolby, participation in the program is a bonus when it comes to consideration for full-time opportunities within the company.
Education, Skills, Abilities, and Experience Required:
- Current Electrical Engineering/Software Engineering/Computer Science/Acoustics student
- High level written and verbal communication in both general and technology-specific applications;
- The ability to work unsupervised when required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development in a programming language and a scripting language for example C/C++ and Python/Matlab
- Understanding of software design and software lifecycle maintenance;
We also like people who have:
- A can-do attitude and are not afraid to ask questions.
- A genuine love of technology and writing great code;
- A passion for audio;
- Hobbies! We love to see people who can invent;
All candidates considered including international students
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top