Immigration Specialist - TEMP
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
At Dolby, we focus on solutions that revolutionize how people create, deliver and enjoy entertainment. Here, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theatres to smartphones.
We are seeking an experienced Immigration Specialist on a contract basis to cover a maternity leave. In this hands-on role, you will manage the domestic immigration program, acting as case manager for open cases and initiating and tracking new cases alongside outside immigration counsel.
- Oversee and initiate all domestic immigration cases and liaise with employees, managers, HR and the immigration law firm.
- Advise stakeholders on immigration requirements, regulatory updates, processes, and timelines (e.g., Recruiting, hiring managers, HR Business Partners).
- Develop and deliver ongoing immigration training to employees, managers, and internal partner organizations.
- Continuously improve and document immigration processes.
- Stay abreast of US immigration updates and trends in order to benchmark and develop alternative solutions to immigration challenges.
- Track visas and permanent residency application statuses and prepare activity reports.
- Proactively communicate with employees and other relevant contacts regarding the status of their visa cases and extensions.
- Using existing templates, create and provide visa invitation letters to Dolby employees and clients attending business meetings in the United States.
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain high standards for all work performed.
- Provide backup support in other areas of global mobility, including relocation and international immigration.
- At least three years of Human Resources experience, preferably working with a multinational company.
- Prior immigration or global mobility experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree or related HR/administrative experience.
- Basic knowledge of US employment and immigration laws.
- Demonstrated success in prioritizing and organizing multiple projects and tasks.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain confidential information.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and capable of working on own initiative with limited supervision.
- Resourceful, with the ability to work as a self-starter in a fast-paced, flexible environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
This is a 6-9 month contract position with ZeroChaos (temporary staffing agency), working at Dolby’s new San Francisco headquarters.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Back to top