HR Business Partner
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent-and we need creative HR professionals who can help find and nurture that talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) will serve as a consultative business partner to client groups on broad business issues, integrating functional expertise/experience, and company-wide business objectives. Responsibilities also include assessing organization requirements and implementing HR processes, programs and practices necessary to support and drive business growth within the country. Focus areas will include leadership and employee development strategies and programs, staffing, employee relations and performance management, counseling and problem-solving. The successful HRBP will also be expected to provide input on global HR initiatives, be an advocate for change and be able to work on projects at the regional level and across functional areas to build partnerships and provide seamless HR service to the clients. Actively participates in the continual improvement of the group's policies, procedures and customer service satisfaction level.
Client groups to be supported primarily are APAC Cinema and APAC Corporate Functions: Legal, Marketing, IT, GWS, Supply Chain, Finance and Manufacturing, etc.
Training management (including training budgeting & planning, execution and keeping record, etc. ) and employee community are part of the responsibility on top of HRBP roles.
This role reports to the Director, Human Resources - APAC.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient delivery of the full spectrum of HR services and functions to the assigned client group, leveraging on the expertise and resources available at corporate headquarters, eg. Compensation & Benefits, Staffing, Training & Development, etc.
- Manage and roll out global HR programs such as the annual performance management process, focal, stock option and incentive bonus program to ensure consistency and relevance.
- Partner with managers to ensure goals/objectives are set, communicated and are consistent with the business strategy. Provide coaching to managers as it relates to motivating and disciplining employees.
- Manage all employee relations issues ensuring consistent application of the Dolby's vision and values.
- Ensure career planning and personal development plans are completed and that managers are equipped to deliver development discussions including proactive follow up.
- In conjunction with Corporate HR, formulate and implement, where necessary, HR policies and procedures, in accordance with local labor laws, to support in-country business goals.
- Source and implement the delivery of appropriate training and talent development programs to meet the training and organization development needs of the client groups.
- On a regular basis, conduct training needs analysis and present results for management review. This would include publishing, on an annual basis, what programs are available to management for the development of their staff.
- Carry out a periodic review of employees' benefits in Dolby offices within China to ensure that employees' benefits are competitive within China and in line with Dolby worldwide philosophy.
- Be responsible for new employees' onboarding process which includes conducting new employee orientation, benefits enrolment, and payroll set up.
- Conduct employee community activities to increase employee sense of belongs to Dolby, e.g. Dolby care, women network or others;
- Perform duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or any member of the Dolby management team, subject to approval by the direct manager and/or Sr. management.
Skills, Abilities, and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or related discipline with at least 5-8 years' solid hands-on HR generalist experience. MBA preferred.
- Strong organizational development and employee relations experience
- Good knowledge of local labor legislation and their implication.
- Passionate about elevating organizational capability and driving success
- Ability to influence change at multiple levels of the organization in an effective and sustainable manner.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced and demanding work environment.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Jennine M.Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top