HR Business Partner
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
This position provides strategic HR consulting with across multiple business groups and countries. This includes partnering with leaders to build people related strategies that align with business strategies contributing to Dolby's next phases of growth. The role builds trusting relationships with people across all layers of business & corporate teams.
The role has a seat at the table with various business leaders and demonstrates a clear understanding of the business needs and the subsequent people implications rather than knowledge/ advice on local HR transactional/operational requirements. Thecore goals include providing strategic business leadership, leading efforts to enable people to make an impact and grow while driving experiences where people can do their best work.
Please note this is a temp to perm opportunity.
As a member of the HR Business Partner team and reporting to the HR Director - Europe this role will contribute to the achievement of business results by effectively integrating and applying strategic HR knowledge and expertise, leadership and organizational capability principles.
- Strategic HR Planning: Translate business strategies, objectives and challenges into the appropriate HR actions and initiatives.
- Performance Architecture: Ensure organizations are structured for optimal performance and agility. Advise leaders around people management, career development, performance coaching.
- Trend Forecasting: Leverage workforce analytics and strategic planning to develop talent strategies that identify and solve business issues, help leaders to see around corners to address future trends and changes to the talent landscape.
- Change Leadership: Serve as an advisor to business leaders on how to effectively manage change.
- Talent and Community Building: Build talent and relationships with formal and informal talent networks to cultivate growth in the organization. Act as champion for an optimal employee experience.
- HR Services Brokering: Manage implementation of Dolby's approach to performance and development, oversee annual rewards planning. Work in partnership with centers of excellence to deliver HR services across client areas. Ensure proper implementation and execution of HR programs and initiatives.
- HR Collaboration: this role willwork collaboratively with HR colleagues in teams across Europe including HR Field Operations, Global People Services, Recruiting, Employee Relations and Global Centers of Excellence based in US office.
- Multiple country HR Business Partnering: provide effective remote and on-site HR Business Partner support across 2+ European countries; willingness and ability to travel to multiple international office locations on a regular basis.
- Act as a strong member of the local management teams; contributing to regional decisions, positively influencing interpersonal dynamics and maintaining an ongoing relationship with leadership partners as a competent and trusted advisor.
Qualifications and Skills
- 6-10 years' experience or equivalent in HR Business Partnering role essential; including 3+ years supporting Leadership positions in this capacity.
- Workingknowledge and experience of providing HR Business Partner support to UK and Netherlands essential.
- Business consulting and/or strategic planning experience and able to demonstrable ability / experience of effectively leading change with client groups.
- Strong business acumen and comfortable working with leaders to identify trends and drive transformational change for our talent and our business.
- Excellent presentation skills; strong listening and coaching skills and good oral/written communication.
- Thought partner for business leaders on all people strategies within client group.
- Strategic thinker: demonstrate ability to connect information, processes and events to provide unique insights into how Dolby HR can be strategically utilized by the client base. Understand and diagnose organizational issues.
- Influencer:Build credible relationships with people throughout the organization.
- Change leader: Anticipate the need for change, consult with clients on effective approaches to change, architect change plans and assist clients with leadership and execution.
- A strong team player with an enthusiastic "Can-Do" approach, comfortable working in an international business with matrix structures and able to demonstrate an understanding of different cultures and management practices.
- Data Driven: Able to use data to drive decision making.
- Fluent English language skills essential.
- Regular travel between UK offices (London and RWB offices) and to Netherlands (Amsterdam); occasionally to US.
- BA/BS Required.
- MBA or MA in Organization Development/Psychology or equivalent strongly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Back to top