Health Fitness Specialist - Contract
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
This is a great contract opportunity for a Health Fitness Specialist here at our HQ in San Francisco, CA.In this position, you will be responsible for providing exercise floor supervision, interacting with members and program participants, and delivering health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. This role is responsible for providing outstanding service to members & program participants to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction.
What you will do:
- Monitor facility; interact with participants and monitor equipment and participant safety.
- Provide individual and group exercise instruction; educate participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise effectiveness.
- Conduct fitness assessments and advise participants of results; design individualized programs to meet the member's interests, abilities and goals.
- Assist with the development and delivery of health improvement programs.
- Assist with program implementation on a global scale.
- Enroll new participants and conduct equipment orientations.
- Promote program offerings and conduct outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive members.
- Create and maintain digital signage and other communication materials.
- Support relationships with facility vendors.
- Maintain participant files and database.
- Perform facility maintenance responsibilities; ensure facility, equipment and locker rooms are clean and stocked at all times. Ensure personal and facility appearance meet standards.
- Projects and other duties as assigned.
What we would like you to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or a related discipline is required.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certifications from the Red Cross or AHA is required
- Experience instructing Group Exercise is a requirement; industry recognized Group Exercise certification is strongly preferred.
- Personal Training certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA or NASM is required.
- Energetic, upbeat and friendly disposition. Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills, including the ability to motivate others.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Competency in the delivery of Health Fitness and site-specific programs and services.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top