Health Fitness Specialist
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
This is a great contract opportunity for a Health Fitness Specialist here at our HQ in San Francisco, CA. In this position, you will be responsible for providing exercise floor supervision, interacting with members and program participants, and delivering health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. This role is responsible for providing outstanding service to members & program participants to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction.
What you will do:
- Supervise the floor to build member relationships and monitor safety.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Conduct health assessments, one on one exercise programming (personal training) and provide education to clients.
- Administrative duties such as managing PHI and payments for personal training.
- Open/close the facility and maintain safety and cleanliness of the facility.
- Assists with the development and/or delivery of a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs & promotions.
- Creates and maintains bulletin boards, newsletters, and other marketing & communication materials.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation, re-engage inactive members and acquire new members.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
What we would like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (Kinesiology, Exercise Science, etc).
- Experience instructing group exercise classes (step, hi/lo, spin, kickboxing, zumba, yoga, etc.).
- Personal Training industry certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA, or NASM.
- Current CPR/AED/First Aid certifications.Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative, and creativity.
Nice to have:
- Recognized industry certification in Group Exercise Instruction.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Senior HR Representative
Kari works with managers and business partner teams on new company mergers and acquisitions—providing guidance about the ins and outs of Dolby to ensure smooth business transitions.
Back to top