Head of Mobile Media Business
- San Francisco, CA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby's Mobile Media Business is a new initiative designed to bring the benefits of Dolby's imaging and audio technologies and its spectacular media experience to Mobile Media Platforms (OTT, Social, and Direct-to-Consumer content services). This is accomplished through an end-to-end solution that processes audio and video content and delivers it to a customer's mobile application, resulting in a consistent high-quality media experience and higher engagements to the users of Mobile Media Platforms
As the head for the Mobile Media Business, you will be responsible for building and managing this new growth initiative. You will be responsible for creating the business and product vision, leading the cross-functional teams for the rapid and iterative prototyping and market validation process, developing and executing the business and products, and orchestrating the go-to-market plan. Focusing on product leadership, you are responsible for ultimate revenue and business success.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Mobile Media Business with short- and long-term business outcomes and revenue.
- Create a vision and business plan for Mobile Media Business
- Form market insights based on the understanding of the rapidly changing business environments in the business and product needs of Mobile Media Platforms
- Working closely with the product and engineering teams, lead the cross-functional team to define and create the product concepts, validate the ideas with iterations with customers and lead delivering the products and offerings.
- Working closely with the product, engineering teams, marketing, and operation teams, Build the capability to design metric-driven products leveraging data and machine learning, and provide directions to R&D for long-term product success.
Go-to-market & business operations
- Together with the sales and marketing teams, you'll define the go-to-market plan, including target segments, pricing and revenue plans, marketing plans, and operational plans.
- Orchestrate the go-to-market execution working closely with sales, marketing, support, and operational teams.
- You've Initiated and successfully built a hyper-growing product-focused business from ground-up, preferably in social, mobile, and media environments, and in an established company.
- Created new product concepts for new types of customers, preferably in social, mobile, media environments.
- Led a B2B business and products, preferably in the social, mobile, and media environments.
- Passion and capability to build this new initiative to the next leading business for Dolby.
- Customer-oriented product development and passion for multimedia.
- Leadership with hands-on mindset, with flexibility with cross-functional members without direct authority and in rapidly changing environments.
- Values collaborative cross-functional partnerships with direct communication.
- Hands-on knowledge on how Mobile Media Platform's business, product, and operation work to help guide our offerings to them.
- Respectable leadership presence to the peer leaders from our customers and partners.
- If you are energized by the idea of building and delivering something brand new in the mobile space, then please apply today!
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Back to top