Head of Business Development - Dolby Cinema Europe
At Dolby, we are creating spectacular user experiences at the intersection of science and art. Our latest innovation is Dolby Cinema, a premium large screen movie theater offering. With its state the art laser projection, immersive sound and cutting-edge design, Dolby Cinema will rapidly become a leader in movie exhibition. Dolby Cinema enjoys a start-up culture in a publically traded company. We are rapidly growing our team to take this amazing experience around the globe.
Dolby Cinema is looking for a seasoned and highly experienced executive to expand our EMEA foot print. Reporting to the head of Dolby Cinema in Los Angeles, the Director of Market Development, EMEA, will be based in London. The role will firstly and principally be engaged in business development activities which include driving negotiating contracts with theatrical exhibition partners to build and operate Dolby Cinema screens. We are looking for an executive well connected in theatrical exhibition up to the C-suite. As our footprint grows, the role will additionally focus on facilitating a wide range of activities to help develop our ecosystem. The desired candidate is a flexible self-starter, comfortable with travel, working with customers, negotiating contracts, and working in a quickly evolving and matrixed organization.
- Negotiate deals to increase Dolby Cinema’s footprint
- Source customers and analyze strategies
- Craft deals and generate term sheets
- Lead Deal negotiations
- Work in collaboration with EMEA regional sales management to leverage existing relationships and opportunities
- Maintain targeted revenue and profitability targets
- Collaborate with account management staff in
- Developing viable leads
- Servicing customers
- Maintaining customer profitability
- Collaborate with deployment team to facilitate roll out
- Work with California-based Headquarters to plan EMEA growth in context of global strategy.
- Drive and achieve screen deployment objectives.
- Ensure the region and accounts achieve targeted revenue per screen.
- Build relationships in real estate development sectors related to cinema.
- Work with marketing, finance, operations, legal and other independent functions to support all aspects of Dolby Cinema’s EMEA business
- BA/BS, MBA preferred
- 10+ years experience in theatrical exhibition, a motion picture studio’s theatrical distribution department, or entertainment services company directly related to theatrical exhibition
- Strong knowledge of and contacts in the London theatrical market.
- 4+ years’ direct experience negotiating partnership and/or licensing agreements
- 2+ years Sales planning experience and/or customer account management experience
- Understanding of theater operations and technology
- Understanding of exhibition marketing
- Ability to understand complex financial models
- Strong communicator, able to create and support a coherent point of view to senior executives within Dolby, to customers and and industry events.
Back to top