GWS Senior Facilities Specialist
- Beijing, China
A position is available for an confident, assertive, experienced and enthusiastic Senior Workplace Coordinator to join Dolby's Global Workplace Solutions team, closely supporting the Shenzhen based Workplace Manager to deliver and enhance the workplace experience and workplace services for the Beijing office, whilst also providing program, project and event support for locations in Shanghai, Shenzhen and Taipei.
The GWS Senior Facilities Specialist will be responsible for driving the workplace experience activity while proactively handling a wide variety of workplace tasks, workplace service requests and close involvement with all hard and soft services with an emphasis on the workplace experience.
The GWS Senior Facilities Specialist and their Beijing workplace team will ensure the efficient and smooth running of the Beijing workplace and take responsibility for providing hands-on support for larger projects and programs including those that require working closely with colleagues in EMEA and the US.
The GWS Senior Facilities Specialist will proactively seek opportunities to deliver value for money for Dolby, constantly identifying ways to provide a better workplace experience and enhanced services while working cross functionally with vendors, local leadership and various teams to implement change and to roll-out programs and ad-hoc events.
The GWS Senior Facilities Specialist will also assist with COVID19 management protocols as required.
Reporting to the Workplace Manager for China, the GWS Senior Facilities Specialist wil perform typical workplace management tasks including the f ollowing:
Financial administration management
- Support the financial administration of GWS services relating to China;
- Liaise with the corporate functions and act as a first point of contact for any financial or procurement-related matters relating to the provision of GWS Beijing services;
- Collaborate with the GWS team to develop the annual CapEx and OpEx budget for the Beijing workplace as per the team's input, budget tracking, cost control, budget revisions and month-end accruals and ensure timely payments for GWS related expenses.
- Lead budget preparation for GWS Beijing projects, project budget tracking, cost control, accruals, reporting and financial close out.
- Support the appointment of, contract administration and reporting of the performance of all vendors employed to deliver GWS related serviced in Beijing.
- Creation of shopping carts for purchase orders, invoice verification and submission to Finance / AP, coordination with contractors, vendors and internal customers with regards to GWS related procurement in China.
- Submit month-end accruals timely and accurately.
Real estate portfolio administration
- Working with the GWS team to support Beijing related administrative services for the purpose of exchanging new leases contracts and renewals, lease reviews and execution, informing the RE team of changes by the Building Management Office and handling of invoices for Rent & CAM.
- Work with stakeholders to actively manage and audit the need for external storage and/or warehouse space to reduce the leased footprint to a necessary minimum.
Support workplace operations and vendor(s) activity
- Support the GWS team in the negotiation and selection of GWS related vendors and partners. Manage and coordinate onboarding of new GWS vendors in Beijing in compliance with Dolby procedures and policies. Proactively follow up on documentation and Dolby compliance requirements to enable third parties to fullfil their oblgations including but not limited to vendor forms, NDA's, certificates of insurance, security information.
- Timely and accurately action service requests and tickets, communication with requestors, dispatching, assignment and escalation of tickets in line with agreed SLAs, incl. KPI reporting.
- In a timely and cooperative manner, provide information, documentation and assistance to third party vendors, as required, to support the goals and objectives set out by GWS.
- Supports with feedback, the performance of third party service providers and participates in QBRs and reports on performance incumbent Service Delivery Teams.
- Space Management: Work with the GWS team and representatives in updating portfolio management software and tools and provide seat allocation and occupancy reports for the Beijing office location.
- Maintain and update all vendor information, real estate administration, project administration, budget and financial information, building information and documentation etc in relation to the Beijing workplace in a logical and organized format in line with Dolby information management procedures and as guided by the GWS team.
- Identifies opportunities for cost reduction and workplace improvements and collaborates with the service delivery team to escalate opportunities for consideration, budget approval and implementation.
- Proactively manage the maintenance and repair of workplace FF&E and the M&E installations to ensure minimum escalations.
- Act as the "Goods Receiver" for Beijing and/or delegate the duties within your team.
- Ad-hoc duties assigned by the Workplace Manager, to meet the needs of the business.
- Understand and implement policy and procedures established by Dolby including knowledge of operational health and safety, including but not limited to office fire safety and ergonomics compliance.
- Assist with the responsibility for new-joiner and leaving process to include employee induction and productive-day-one procedures.
- Prepare site regulations and issue permits-to-work for all contractor activities on site.
- Assist in the maintenance, testing and implementation of COVID19, disaster planning procedures and organise and co-ordinate fire evacuation and emergency preparedness activities.
- Assist with ensuring that workplaces meet with in-country health and safety requirements and that the facility complies with legislation.
Provision of project management support for fit-out and A&A works in Beijing;
- Structure, organize and maintain the project implementation documentation repository capturing all relevant project documentation such as project organisation, approvals, standards, RFI's/RFP's, proposals, reviews, balanced score cards, project schedules, purchase orders, fitout-plans, conceptional-, construction- and as-build drawings, testing and commisioning reports and project close out documentation such as warranties, certificates operating and maintenance manuals.
- Provide management support for projects in various capacities which may include leading project meetings, taking meeting minutes, participating in site visits, tracking and following up on action items, point person for project consultants and vendors, budget tracking and coordinating procurement/AP logistics for China sites.
- Process requests for purchase orders in a timely and accurate manner and ensure invoices are received and processed in a timely manner; match PO's and invoices. Research delinquent invoices or billing discrepancies.
- Developing and maintaining the project budget tracking sheet (actuals vs budget), set up internal orders, record variations, change orders, research, seek approval for and report on budget variance.
- Coordinate the service contract process, including, but not limited to: selecting the appropriate form, editing, submitting for legal approval and tracking status.
Support the China related components of Dolby and GWS Programs;
- Support the implementation and collaborate in program development and implementation of programs. Example of programms are, but not limited to, the following: EH&S, Sustainability, Emergency Preparedness, Beijing Seasonal and Holiday Events, Lab Management, Business Continuity, ServiceNow, Diversity and Inclusion, Amenities, CAFM, New Employee Orientation, Services & Wellbeing, Security, and Corporate Branding programs.
- Provide support and collaborate in initiatives to formalize internal processes in close alignment with our corporate partners and third party vendors.
Education, Skills, Abilities, and Experience Required
This is a fast-paced position that requires an individual who can juggle multiple tasks, prioritize responsibilities, and deal with customers while maintaining a positive and even keeled attitude. The nature of this work requires someone with a high level of intelligence, common sense, communication, interpersonal skills, and professionalism.
- Ideally 5+ years' experience in workplace office management function, including supervising soft and hard services in a shared service and/or corporate office environment.
- Confident and assertive personality with the ability to understand and solve the problems and needs of others and know how to take appropriate action while balancing activities within the constraints of budget and policy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate openly and professionally to interact and develop relationships with Dolby employees and vendors and an ability to work collaboratively with GWS team.
- Clear track-record of excellent stakeholder management experience with a strong ability to manage upwards with local leadership and cross functionally.
- Computer savvy. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Proficient in SAP and ideally familiar with online repository systems, CAFM software systems.
- Experience working in an international corporate environment.
- Possess understanding of accruals and basic accounting principles in relation to the workplace management function.
- Good numerical, organizational, administrative and analytical skills.
- Must be organized, accurate, and detail oriented with ability to proactively follow through on assignments and tasks.
- A good understanding of workplace management and project management preferred. Additional knowledge of technical components, property leases, and construction knowledge is highly advantageous.
- Ability to establish and maintain very positive and professional relationships with vendors, and consultants.
- Ability to interact with staff in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and business partnering attitude.
- Ability and strong desire to work effectively as part of a team and to interact comfortably with all levels of the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to appropriately challenge key stakeholders in their requests when needed.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities in a changing environment.
- High initiative, enthusiasm, sense of urgency and energy should be clearly evident. Be both a strong team player and independent contributor. Ability to consider and comprehend "big picture" ramifications and actions.
- Organizational maturity to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion and care at all times.
- Must be flexible with changing job requirements, must be willing to work occasional overtime when required.
- Must be resourceful and utilize knowledge of existing processes, procedures, and policies.
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Back to top