Global Trade & Customs Compliance Manager
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Reporting to the Director of Global Logistics with a dotted line to Legal, the Global Trade Compliance Manager will manage global trade compliance activities to drive adherence with local, regional and international regulations, develop policies, brokers audit structure and procedures. They will be a valuable business partner to the supply chain, sales and legal corporate functions.
This is a newly created role and is based the Netherlands at the Dolby International AB HQ in Amsterdam.
- Develop, implement, enhance and maintain global trade compliance management systems, policies and procedures, and broker/forwarder standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Manage day-day operations of Dolby's customs brokers and agents globally
- Determination of trade data such as: HTS, ECCN, Country of Origin, trade preference program qualification, product codes, import/export documentation requirements and valuation of products
- Work with internal and external customers/vendors, freight forwarders/customs brokers, government agencies and other functional areas to ensure compliance of imports and exports
- Initiate, lead and coordinate periodic trade assessments with an objective to reinforce, develop and maintain the compliance policies and adherence to import/export regulations
- Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of global import & export filings.
- Primary operational interface with customs agencies
- Audit customs brokers and freight forwarders for compliance with Dolby SOPs
- Manage global trade compliance metrics, reporting, performance and overall broker/freight forwarder strategy
- Support global trade compliance initiatives such as new product introduction programs and country expansion strategies
- Keep abreast of changes in trade regulations to ensure company compliance.
- Bachelor's degree required, Professional Customs Brokers License highly preferable.
- Substantial demonstrable experience in import and international trade matters with solid, recent experience in managing corporate customs compliance
- Knowledge of US, EU and China customs regimes
- Technical expertise in import laws & regulations, including classifications, valuation, country of origin, and duty preference programs
- Proven record in development and implementation of corporate import compliance procedures
- Excellent analytical and organization skills including ability to collect, structure, analyze and communicate data
- Strong interpersonal, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong computer abilities, ideally with ERP/MRP experience
- Ability to read and understand complex legal regulations
- Ideally experience in dangerous goods and environmental regulations
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing with excellent time management skills is required to drive results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, must be fluent in verbal and written English and ideally have proficiency in Dutch and Chinese
- Availability to travel internationally up to 20%
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Senior HR Representative
Kari works with managers and business partner teams on new company mergers and acquisitions—providing guidance about the ins and outs of Dolby to ensure smooth business transitions.
Back to top