Global Communications Coordinator
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
There is a story behind every Dolby innovation - about the company, our people and our brand. The members of the Dolby Communications Team are our storytellers, and the Global Communications Coordinator is a key part of it. To help people understand Dolby's business, how we work with the industry and what it means to us to help artists preserve and maintain the integrity of their work, we need the absolute best talent, including communications experts to get the word out.
In this role, you will continue to learn, hone in on and expand your skills in handling project tasks including writing content, working closely with all senior staff members in planning, analyzing and evaluating information for both programs and projects and in managing assigned tasks. Your work will join you with a great team for larger projects, but you'll also need to work independently to exercise your skills of independent judgment to successfully complete tasks. This San Francisco-based role will report to a Product Specialist and will focus on supporting our consumer entertainment team, including Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos and Dolby Audio initiatives. The Global Communications Coordinator will:
- Deliver results by supporting and executing PR activities and campaigns
- Assist in writing or reviewing content including press releases, pitches and reports
- Assist or provide support with pitching stories, media relations, product initiatives, product reviews, tradeshows, launch events
- Organize and complete project work according to stated priorities
- Provide coordination and project management to ensure program success
- Research and provide insight into competitors' press activities
- Participate in brainstorming, strategy and planning sessions
- Track and analyze Dolby and competitor media coverage
- Assist with delivery of plans and reports
- Strong communications skills, especially writing
- Experience in journalism, communications, marketing, or media
- Intellectual curiosity
- Media savvy with knowledge of U.S. consumer tech and consumer media
- Ability to explain complex ideas simply and concisely
- Storytelling chops - know how to tell an irresistible story
- Interest in consumer technology and/or the entertainment industry including films is a major plus
- Willingness to travel
- B.A. Degree in Communications or related field preferred
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top