Game Developer Relations Manager
- San Francisco, CA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
We are looking for a Game Developer Relationship Manager to build and drive a gaming ecosystem that leverages state of the art Dolby technology. In this role, you will engage with external Developers and Publisher partners, as well as internal Dolby game, engineering, and marketing teams to support and evolve Dolby's presence in the game industry. The ideal candidate will have experience in relationship management and networking and have significant experience with Dolby technologies and game development.
This is not your traditional 9-to-5. You'll ride along with your studios to ensure that they have all they need in R+D, pre-production, production, crunch time, and launch. You'll be a part of the Dolby team, but you'll also be a critical part of the teams at your studios.
You'll work hard, and you'll have the coolest job of all your friends.
What You'll be Doing:
- Provide overall support to the Game Developer Relations team
- Manage a portfolio of game studios, sign developers/publishers into Dolby's partnership programs by advocating the benefits of extensive technical and co-marketing collaboration with Dolby
- Report on individual studio adoption, issues, and success with Dolby Technology
- Manage contracts, track achievements, and potential revenue recognition reporting.
- Gather/enter, maintain, digest and analyze data which tracks game content against Dolby's technology strategies
- Serve as the voice of the game studio to help streamline Dolby offerings and enable studios to deliver on their creative intent with no compromises.
- Travel, when possible, will be expected
Your skill set:
- BA or BS college degree, 6 years working experience.
- Significant experience with game development, productions, and operations.
- An enthusiast who has a strong passion for games and technologies
- Ability to negotiate and close business deals - The ability to set one's own agendas, but also work very collaboratively and be willing to back-up other team members
- Exceptional teamwork and communication skills. You love to talk to people, you are always friendly and professional and comfortable providing feedback to your internal stakeholders as well as to the studios.,
- Someone with a dedicated focus on customer satisfaction
- Ability to manage multiple accounts in a quickly changing environment, and stay abreast of changes
- Comfortable with public speaking on-line or in person, with the ability to illustrate complex technical concepts in clear concise language.
- Strong analytical skills which allow for creative methods to achieve results and solve problems
- Stay on top of trends that affect game studios and spot opportunities for Dolby technology to improve
- An aptitude for learning audio signal flow in consumer and studio environments
- A quick study in video creation and delivery processes from the studio to gamer's display
- Experience with consumer audio systems such as TVs, AVRs, sound bars, etc.
- Experience with game consoles, cloud gaming platforms, mobile gaming and PC gaming
- Understanding of the process of video game creation, and trends in the larger industry
- Understanding and knowledge of rendering pipelines for real-time based games
- Experience in the Unreal 4 Engine
- Experience in project management for Rendering or game engine engineers
- Technical Artist Experience
- Publisher and studio contacts across the industry
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Back to top