Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The Financial Analyst of Marketing and G&A finance is responsible for working in conjunction within the G&A Finance team to provide financial management and financial support for all Marketing and G&A functions (including IT, Facilities, and Finance groups). The role will be hands on in analyzing actual results and developing financial plans. This person will work to develop a thorough knowledge of the business areas that they support, will meet on a regular basis with managers of other groups to analyze current results, discuss future plans and provide the necessary analysis and reports for the function heads.
- Analyze financial data, summarize, and provide a concise and meaningful narrative discussion of variances
- Act as a point of contact for global business partners within the Marketing and G&A functions to provide day to day finance support and perspective to develop accurate budgets and analyze actual results against forecast and Plan
- Maintain strong lines of communication with their direct manager and broader team to raise issues and identified trends in a timely manner
- Create reports for management on a regular basis that provide insight into current quarter results compared to forecast and budget
- Facilitate the preparation, reporting, and analysis of annual plans, quarterly forecasts, and quarterly estimates
- Execute the month-end close (i.e. accrual preparation, variance analysis, etc.)
- Develop ad hoc analyses and reports for management as requested
- Assist in developing financial models to support business decisions, significant transactions, and explore financial impacts of potential opportunities
- Build strong working relationships with business partners with a proactive approach to stay attuned to changes in their respective functions
- Participates in the development of policies in the Finance organization to achieve strategic goals and objectives and implements policies and procedures to ensure consistency in approach across the Marketing and G&A groups
- Degree in finance or accounting, CPA preferred.
- 1-2 years of finance experience.
- Proven ability to interpret financial data with excellent analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to identify trends and interpret data and translate into actionable information.
- Excellent communication skills; proven ability to effectively communicate to senior level personnel either written or verbally.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and financial theory.
- Proficient in Microsoft tools (Excel and Powerpoint)
- Team oriented and interpersonal skills (ability to collaborate cross functionally).
- Experience with SAP systems preferred
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top