Finance Manager, Business Support
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The position will be responsible for partnering with the Consumer Entertainment group, serving as a business partner supporting Plan, Forecast and Close processes, as well as driving business analysis and ad-hoc projects including support for strategy efforts. This position reports to the Director of Business Finance for the Consumer Entertainment group.
- Support Finance Director in efforts to provide meaningful and actionable information to the leadership team in the Consumer Entertainment group as well as Finance leadership team
- Own revenue and expense forecasting processes for segments of the group (monthly and quarterly forecasts, scenario modeling, annual budgeting, long term forecasts)
- Analyze financial variances, summarize those figures and provide a concise and meaningful narrative discussion of variances; be capable of communicating key messages to senior management
- Act as a point of contact for senior business partners within the Consumer Entertainment business group to provide day to day finance support and perspective to develop accurate budgets and analyze actual results for revenue and operating expenses
- Build trusted relationships with key business partners and Finance / Accounting personnel globally, in an effort to become a valuable and contributing member of the global finance team
- Propose resolutions to complex/ambiguous problems, identify, and proactively pursue areas for process improvement
- Develop financial models to support business decisions, significant transactions, and explore financial impacts of potential opportunities
- Take the lead on ad-hoc analyses, reports and presentation requests
- Assist in the month-end close process (i.e. accrual preparation, variance analysis, etc.)
Experience and Qualification:
- 5+ years of increasing responsibility in financial business support roles in a comparable or larger sized public, technology based, growth business
- Experience modelling financials for consumer software products/services is a big plus
- Self-starter with strong financial, business modeling and analysis skills; sound business judgment
- Outstanding ability to partner with the business and provide leadership and guidance within the finance organization
- Ability to sort through complex issues, translate and communicate them in a clear, concise manner
- Willingness to develop appropriate solutions and think critically, in a proactive and timely manner
- Ability to provide sound business judgment, strategic thinking, and broad financial and business perspective
- Team oriented, ability to collaborate cross functionally, and ability to communicate effectively with executive leadership
- Capable of working independently across multiple initiatives/projects in a dynamic environment while managing a number of deliverables to their respective deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, BI, EPM, SAP
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top