Field Applications Engineer
- Shenzhen, China
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent, including sales professionals with a passion for great products. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
This Field Applications Engineer (FAE) position is based in Shenzhen office, to support our system licensees to adopt Dolby's technologies into their products. This FAE is the technical interface to system customers, will need to be familiar with Dolby's specific technologies, provide technical support in both pre-sale and post-sale phases, cooperate with different Dolby teams and customer teams, by following specific process, to make sure Dolby's technologies are correctly integrated and verified in the target system products.
- Interacting with licensees, license applicants, Dolby staff as needed to conduct and enable the Dolby's business of technology licensing. A diplomatic, professional and service-oriented approach is required, including written correspondence and face-to-face meetings with customers and industry partners.
- Verifying licensee products by following test procedure, evaluating test data and communicating test results to customers.
- Mentoring licensees and negotiating with them to find solutions that satisfy Dolby's product performance expectations without causing serious hardship during design and manufacturing.
- Continually maintaining comprehensive, accurate, and accessible records and documentation in both personal and company files and databases.
- Supporting event and tradeshows to demo Dolby technologies with well-prepared scripts and Q&A materials.
- Domestic travelling to Chinese licensee sites is needed. International travel occasionally is also required.
Education, Skills, Abilities and Experience
- BSEE or equivalent and <=2 years of experience in audio product or signal processing electronic products.
- Familiar with audio software or acoustic hardware components.
- Good communication skills to interact with licensees and license applicants by email, by phone, and in person to provide needed information and technical support during mobile device development.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English and Mandarin, and willingness to develop these skills further are required.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Interest and/or experience in music, music production, film, film production, A/V production, recording engineering, broadcast engineering, or acoustics is desirable.
- Exposure to below areas are desirable: Digital or analog signal processing, manufacturing, digital or analog test and measurement, broadcast technologies, speaker transducer/system design and test, QA or QRE, software development, IP licensing, product design, analog or digital circuitry, PC architecture, multimedia applications, audio/video computer design, testing of consumer electronic products
- Below skills are of plus, if any:
- Familiar with Android OS framework software development or Android applications development. Media player applications experience is preferred.
- Direct experience with DSP A/V processing is desirable.
- Familiar with video processing and display component tuning.
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Back to top