Field Application Engineer: Imaging- Strategic Accounts
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Now Dolby is defining High Dynamic Range (HDR) Imaging systems for delivering breathtaking experiences in the Cinema, in the home and on the go. Our long-standing commitment to research and development enables our focus to remain on solutions that work today and are prepared for the future. That's what keeps us on the leading edge of the industry.
The Strategic Accounts team is looking for a professional HDR and Imaging Field Applications Engineer that can leverage the power of the Dolby brand and technologies to champion and deliver the integration of Dolby Vision HDR content and technologies into our strategic partner's products and workflows.As a Dolby Imaging Field Application Engineer, you will serve as the market facing technical lead and direct liaison between the Dolby Strategic Partners Field team and our major Technology Partners as they evaluate and implement Dolby HDR imaging technologies across their products and media delivery ecosystems.
The ideal candidate will have experience and deep technical knowledge of both source and display video playback products and components (eg. TV, Set Top Box, Digital Media Adapter) and relevant SoC technology, Picture Quality evaluation as well as knowledge of video production workflows (Linear and File) for encoding and streaming delivery.
Essential Job Functions:
- Act as primary technical support to our Strategic Partners as they implement Dolby Vision across their products and media delivery workflows, dealing with following topics:
- Integration of Dolby Vision technology into Consumer Source and Sink Video Products.
- Workflows and tools for Encoding, packaging and Delivery of HDR video assets. Delivery and Ingest of video assets from Studios.
- System level interaction and operation with other Dolby Vision devices.
- Debugging customer issues and working with Internal technical teams to file bugs and Provide feedback on product deliverables.
- Defining testing strategies and guiding customer through test procedures in detail, evaluating pre-test results and guiding products through Dolby's final system testing process and helping to evaluate any Picture Quality tuning.
- Act as Primary technical resource on the Dolby Vision integration on our Partner's devices and ecosystems and provide support to service operators or other developers who will be delivering Dolby Vision content to those products.
- Act as Primary technical resource in demonstrating new Dolby Vision features or use cases to our strategic Accounts.
- Maintain detailed Knowledge of the Dolby Vision Ecosystem and source/sink devices both in the market and in development, how to set them up and configure them for best performance
- Maintain detailed understanding of HDMI interoperability related issues. Maintain test platforms and testbed to quickly test and verify any reported bugs/issues.
- Stay updated on HDR technology specifically (HDR10, HGL etc.) and other relevant Video Topics (color spaces). Contribute to the recruitment, training and development of the technical staff.
- Act as an Integral part of the Strategic accounts sales team and the primary technical lead for demos and evaluations as they pursue new opportunities for Dolby Video technologies with our Strategic Accounts. Work with Marketing as required providing input and requirements for the design, development and execution of presentations and technical demonstrations tools to effectively present and sell Dolby technologies to customers.
- Attend trade shows, seminars, conferences, and educational events to keep abreast of industry developments, promote and demonstrate Dolby technologies and examine the potential of new markets for Dolby technologies.
BSEE or similar (Physics, Engineering Technology, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc.) and minimum 3 years of experience with consumer Imaging product (Set Top Boxes, Televisions etc) or relevant Integrated Circuit technology in either field support, development, architecture or related fields.
- Experience with video codecs, and compression standards such as H.264, H.265 and HEVC. Knowledge of common video analysis tools, HDMI and video perceptual quality testing. Experience with high dynamic range video a plus.
- Technical skills and working knowledge of Video encoding workflow technologies and architectures. Knowledge of ecosystems and solutions used in the delivery of streaming media content
- Direct experience in Applications Engineering and/or other technical customer support.
- Exposure to C and/C++ coding and experience with one or more scripting languages (PERL, Python, BASH, etc.) is expected.
- Experience working with streaming standards: HLS, MPEG-DASH, MP4 containers and other relevant Internet and streaming protocols.
- It is vital that applicant can quickly and thoroughly learn a variety of technical topics in a short time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, team building skills, plus strong work and business ethics.
- Self-motivated, self-assured person with aptitude to interface with personnel from highest to lowest levels of customer engineering organizations
- Position will require approximately 25% domestic travel.
- Interest in audio/video production, music and recording engineering, game/film audio or video highly desirable.
- Expert knowledge of video technologies, cinema and television production and post-production workflows.
- Knowledge of Dolby's products, technologies and customers.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top