Field Application Engineer
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Be part of the exciting future of entertainment and add your talents to those of an amazing team. For half a century, Dolby has led the way in developing innovative entertainment products and technologies used by consumers and professionals worldwide. Innovations from Dolby can be heard in consumer audio and video products, entertainment software, and professional sound applications, including music recording, broadcasting, and sound for motion pictures.
Dolby's China Test Center (CTC) is seeking a Field Application Test Engineer responsible for bench test products using computers and specialized test instrumentation. Based in Shenzhen office, this engineer will send results to licensees via formal engineering documentation. Good communication skills are necessary to interact with licensees and license applicants by email, by phone, and in person to provide needed information and technical support during consumer audio product development.
Evaluates test data and communicates test results to other engineers in the company or directly to the licensee. Mentors licensees and negotiates with them to find solutions that satisfy Dolby's product performance expectations without causing serious hardship during design and manufacture.
Processes licensing paperwork related to tracking manufactured licensed products. Provide support to other groups at Dolby in developing tests, specifications, and new products/programs as the need arises.
Support licensees and Dolby staff regarding licensing matters.
Essential Job Functions
- Test and produce complete and accurate product evaluation reports as well as formal report proposals to verify performance of licensed products and to promote and maintain the quality and value associated with Dolby trademarks.
- Assist customer on integrating Dolby technology to their product. Particularly, the Sr. field application and testing engineer will need to explain the gap between customer existing design and Dolby technical requirement when customer product fail to pass Dolby testing procedure.
- Complete, process, and file paperwork needed to track production of licensed products.
- Interact with licensees, license applicants, Dolby staff, and government offices as needed to conduct and enable the Dolby's business of technology licensing. A diplomatic, professional and service-oriented approach is required, including written correspondence and face-to-face meetings with customers and government/industry partners.
- Continually maintain comprehensive, accurate, and accessible records and documentation in both personal and company files and databases.
- Develop tools or documents that could improve the testing work efficiency and simplify the effort for customer to conduct self-testing of Dolby technology enabled products.
Education, Skills, Abilities, and Experience Required
- BSEE or equivalent and 3 years of experience in design and manufacture of audio / video (AV) or signal processing electronics. Requires strong familiarity with AV product applications and design. Direct experience with DSP AV processing is desirable.
- Experience should include exposure to some of the following areas:
- Digital or analog signal processing, manufacturing, digital or analog test and measurement, broadcast technologies, test design, QA or QRE, software development, IP licensing, product design, analog or digital circuitry, PC architecture and multimedia applications, audio/video computer design, testing of consumer electronic products，loudspeaker design or testing, presentation technologies, common office applications such as Office and Acrobat.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Mandarin and willingness to develop these skills further are required.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment. Ability to understand and explain technical issues to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Interest in music, music production, film, film production, AV production, recording engineering, broadcast engineering, or acoustics is desirable.
- International travel may be occasionally required.
- Must be able to communicate extremely well in both written and verbal Mandarin and English.
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Back to top