[Fall Session] UX Design Intern
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent, including marketing experts to get the word out. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. As an Intern, we have a collegial culture – big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference.
We are looking for a talented, passionate, and articulate UX Design Intern to join our user experience design team for the development of web applications, mobile applications, and desktop applications.
You love to learn and problem-solve, and will support and contribute to all aspects of user interface design, including user research, conceptualization, interaction design, visual design, documentation, and development of use cases and scenarios.
As a member of the user experience design team, you will collaborate with product management and engineering teams across key stages of development, iterating toward crisp designs based on feedback, technical constraints, and market dynamics.
Your internship will be structured on three pillars: Mentee, Contributor and Innovator:
- As Mentee, you will receive direction from other user experience designers as you support their projects in various capacities.
- As Contributor, you will deploy your self-motivation skills and be responsible for your own short-term projects as an individual contributor.
- As Innovator, you will conduct research in user experience design with the objective of challenging (or improving upon) current methodologies and/or best practices.
- Working toward a degree in Human-Computer Interaction, User Experience Design, Human Factors, Product Design, Visual Design, or a related major field
- Strong conceptual and strategic thinking skills, supported by excellent written and verbal communication skills, with attention to details and practical clarity
- Solid understanding of user interface design principles and best practices
- Passion for creative arts, technology, and people
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Collaborates well and thrives in an iterative and agile workflow, tuning designs within a rapidly changing environment
- Productive through self-motivation or by following direction, per needs
- Experienced with—or extremely keen to learn—a variety of UX design software tools
- Understanding or familiarity with front-end programming, HTML, CSS
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Back to top