[Fall Session] Software Development Intern
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. As an Intern, we have a collegial culture – big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference.
The Consumer Entertainment team in Dolby is responsible for designing Dolby's products for Internet-connected devices including PCs, smartphones, VR headsets, and video game consoles. As an Software Development Intern, you will investigate new ways of creating, transmitting, and rendering content on current- and next-generation devices. Bring your creativity and passion to help build the future of the entertainment experience.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering or related field
- Proficient in C programming (C++ a plus)
- Windows application development experience a plus
- Windows UI development experience a plus
- Background in at least one of the following: audio DSP, psychoacoustics, perceptual audio coding
- Great team player; interested in experimentation and investigation; willing to hack together some code to try your idea or put together a prototype to see if it works; motivated to succeed
- Experience developing on OS-level media frameworks, commercial game engines, or game audio middleware is a plus, as is game audio programming experience.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Senior HR Representative
Kari works with managers and business partner teams on new company mergers and acquisitions—providing guidance about the ins and outs of Dolby to ensure smooth business transitions.
Back to top