Experiential Design Intern (Summer 2020)
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones.
As an intern, the Dolby U program offers impactful, project-based work experience in a collaborative, creative environment where you work side by side with industry leaders. Amplify your insatiable curiosity by implementing real-world solutions that revolutionize how people communicate and how entertainment is created, delivered, and enjoyed worldwide. For anyone seeking to gain invaluable expertise through meaningful, personal contributions, join us to design a future where technology meets entertainment!
Designing on purpose is to use every opportunity to use design to drive our strategies, leverage our scale, and create things that people love. Our design projects fall into the following 3 general disciplines of design. a) Graphic Design (visual identity systems, print and video/digital content communications) b) Industrial Design (packaging, product design, cinema design, facilities design) c) Experiential Design (Dolby Cinema, retail environments, interactive digital and event design) This job opening will focus more on the experiential design and how it relates to marketing objectives, but knowledge in all three areas is extremely desired.
Candidates should have professional experience in time-based media, strong information visualization skills, prototyping/mock-up skills, and likewise be comfortable working collaboratively within multidisciplinary teams. Comfort with generating graphic representations that express brand narratives and our messaging is key. All candidates should include a link to their portfolio or provide work samples as part of the application process. Please indicate your role and contribution for each project submitted.
- Create and conceptualize ideas to broaden and strengthen the brand through experiential solutions (interactive audio/visual designs, pop-ups, mobile solutions)
- Extend brand and digital guidelines across all new creative projects with digital needs
- Static graphics development (iconography, illustrations, environmental)
- Interactive design development (animations, dynamic graphics, modeling/rendering)
- 3D rendering ability is plus
- We would love to see a multi-dimensional history that ideally includes interactive, digital, industrial design, and/or art direction
- A deep understanding of concepting and brand storytelling
- Visualization of ideas through storyboarding, photoshop, illustrator, 3D renderings
- Ability to present concepts to cross-function teams coolly, calmly, and confidently
- Essential Functional Skills
- Communication Skills: Candidates must have strong presenting, verbal, written, and visual presentation skills
- Successful applicants understand the value of design and brand within a design and business context
- Design Planning: Ability to understand and translate brand and business strategies into production of successful creative assets
- Team Skills: Successful applicants demonstrate a strong collaborative ethos and have the ability to inspire teams through collaboration as well as direction, vision and planning
- The ability to relate to individuals and nurture talent also a requirement
- Visual Design Sensitivity: Candidates for this position distinguish between "good" and "great" work and are able to nurture teams to deliver results.
- Working towards a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Marketing or a related field; recent grads who are within 6 months of graduation are also eligible to apply
- All candidates should include a link to their portfolio or provide work samples as part of the application process. Please indicate your role and contribution for each project submitted.
- Must be available to work full-time Monday - Friday between May/June 2020 - August/September 2020. Start dates for the internship are as follows:
- Tuesday, May 26, 2020
- Monday, June 15, 2020
- Monday, June 22, 2020
- (Note: these dates are not flexible)
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Back to top