Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Executive Assistant - Communications Business Group (CBG)
Based in San Francisco, this Executive Assistant will support the VP, Communications Business Group (CBG). The successful candidate will be an organized, self-starter with a minimum of 5+ yrs of related experience supporting an executive for a fast-paced company. The individual must demonstrate the ability to work with confidential information and exhibit a high degree of integrity. The position requires an individual that is resourceful and can work autonomously, takes initiative and demonstrates excellent follow through. Candidate must be a team player and exhibit strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage complex assignments. Candidate must be comfortable with multi-tasking and prioritization in a fast-paced environment with close attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness.
- Assists with administrative tasks related to internal and external meetings and operations, domestic and international travel, and communications/scheduling with employees in multiple time zones.
- Effectively manages calendar, meetings, and events so that working days are efficiently organized with sensitivity to prioritization.
- Coordinates details around management meetings including agendas, reports, calendar scheduling, as well as provide transportation, meal and communication support.
- Coordinate and provide planning support for events including trade shows, customer demos, teambuilding events, etc.
- Collaborates closely with other Executive Assistants both internally and externally. Serves as cross functional liaison to various corporate functions and external business partners.
- Heavy Outlook calendaring, Excel, PowerPoint, frequent use of SAP, Concur
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality and use excellent judgment in dealing with sensitive information
- Supports VP and his staff when necessary including providing occasional support to CBG's leaders and teams (e.g. ordering supplies, catering support, special requests approved by the VPs, coordination of travel itineraries for team members traveling with the VPs, etc.).
- Complete ad hoc projects and miscellaneous tasks as needed basis including processing and tracking expense reports.
- Generates purchase orders and follows up on approvals, invoicing, and payment (interfacing with vendors)
- Possesses a solid understanding of execs' organizations structures, functions, and staff as well as knowledge and understanding of the greater corporate entities, structure, and processes.
- Support community relations in both SF and Sunnyvale.
Required Experience, Education and Abilities:
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience at the C-Suite/Executive support level.
- High level experience supporting executives in a fast-paced high-tech environment, preferably in Enterprise Communications/Technology
- Must be articulate and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent Outlook skills a must. Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint required. Experience with Confluence, SAP, Concur is helpful.
- Strong attention to detail; able to manage multiple-step procedures and handle frequent interruptions in work flow along with the ability to work quickly, efficiently, and cope with high-volume of work
- Exhibits professionalism and composure in stressful situations and in meeting short deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a diverse group of employees is essential.
- Must be flexible with commuting between the SF and Sunnyvale office as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top