Engineer- QA CE Tech
- Sydney, Australia
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby is currently seeking talented graduate students and junior engineers to join a cutting edge Consumer Entertainment Group QA Team. In this exciting role, you will have the opportunity to test signal processing algorithms that will enable billions of users around the world to experience Dolby technologies. The products you create will be used by many of Dolby's key partners such as LG, Amazon and Lenovo to enable the Dolby experience in their product lines.
Applicants require a passion for testing and technology, creating complex test tools, and a high level of motivation and initiative.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Embedded in the scrum team as a software engineer with a testing focus, design and implement new test methods to address next generation capabilities in Dolby products.
- Utilize and adapt existing test automation tools.
- Design and develop new automation tools.
- Work with other engineers and the product team to design and develop automated test cases.
- Review proposed technologies, develop test strategies and contribute proposals for testability.
- Design, set up, configure and maintain software testing labs and environments.
- Provide input to early project scoping in collaboration with project and development teams.
- Stay abreast of industry software testing tools and best practices and make significant contributions to the development and deployment of new test technologies, tools or methods.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent;
- Strong Python skills;
- High-level written and verbal communication in both general and technology-specific applications;
- Knowledge of digital signal processing;
- Software testing exposure, including designing and implementing test plans and test cases;
- Knowledge of MATLAB and C;
- Experience working as software or software test engineer or equivalent;
- Someone who loves working in a team;
What will you learn?:
- Software testing fundamentals (design and implementation) and QA processes
- Build up to take your ISTQB test qualification
- Test automation development (Python + C)
- Development of audio skills for analysis, acoustic measurements and critical listening
- Exposure to cutting-edge technologies and tools
- Dolby audio processing and signal chains
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Back to top