Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As a Software Test Engineer in the Dolby QA group, the qualified candidate will test software that enables the next generation of Dolby technologies. You will design, specify, create and maintain the QA test environment as well as design, write and execute tests.
- Work with senior engineers to establish and document product test plans.
- Implement and conduct cost-effective comprehensive regression and product tests to ensure product requirements are met.
- Utilize and adapt existing test automation tools.
- Report issues through a formal bug tracking system and work with the engineering team to help isolate, debug, and resolve issues/bugs.
- Setup, configure, and maintain software test labs and test environments.
- Stay abreast of industry software testing tools and best practices.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or Electronics Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in software testing, including designing and implementing complex test plans and test cases.
- Good knowledge of and experience with software testing industry tools and best practices.
- Professional experience programming in scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Batch, and/or Bash.
- Familiarity with standard bug reporting tools such as Jira, Bugzilla, or ClearQuest.
- Proven experience testing in various software environments like Windows, Linux, Android, etc.
- Ability to achieve results, meet deadlines, and adjust to quickly changing priorities in a fast-paced engineering environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills, and a thorough approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated experience testing Dolby or similar products in the audio domain is a significant plus.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Back to top