Engineer, CE Technology
- Beijing, China
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent, including insatiably curious engineers and scientists for our consumer entertainment group. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby's audio technologies are implemented in smartphones, tablets, PCs, set-top boxes, TVs, Cinema of global technology providers. Most people use Dolby technologies every day without knowing about it.
The position focuses on implementing and evaluating different kinds of audio signal processing technologies. It requires brilliant ideas to implement in a way considering complexity and memory restricts, to evaluate quality in subjective and objective methodologies. As a part of an international team, the software engineer will work closely with other Dolby colleagues in US, Germany, Australia and Poland. It requires collaborative interactions with different functional divisions within the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Identify algorithmic performance requirements.
- Design and apply objective and subjective test methodologies to verify and evaluate the quality of audio processing algorithms.
- Develop very concrete and detail designs of databases used to validate and benchmark developed algorithms. Guide and be responsible for data collection, organization, and curation.
- Write portable software in C/C++.
- Is familiar with software engineering design patterns and applies these to develop well-structured code.
- Create modular, reliable, efficient and readable code that adheres to Dolby standards.
- Utilize the ear as a test tool; identify and classify signal processing issues.
- Write detailed test plans using modern software engineering techniques.
- Produce and maintain accurate design documentation and code comments.
- Design and implement manual and automated tests to ensure software conforms to requirements.
- Provide assistance and expertise to other groups and internal/external customers.
- Communicate technical concepts effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Represent the team and the Company during internal/external customer interactions.
- Bachelor degree or higher in electrical engineering or computer science or equivalent.
- Knowledge of audio and speech quality evaluation, including objective model development and subjective test paradigm design.
- Knowledge of digital signal processing techniques, including:
- Audio and speech coding and processing principles and practices.
- Signal transforms such as FFT, MDCT and CQMF
- Linear and non-linear audio processing functions
- Statistic signal processing and adaptive filtering
- Ability to use the ear as a test tool and as part of the algorithmic development process.
- An understanding of processor architecture for signal processing applications.
- Object oriented software design skills.
- An understanding of software design and software lifecycle maintenance.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Perl or Shell.
- High level English written and verbal communication in both general and technology-specific applications.
- The ability to work unsupervised when required.
- Problem solving and debugging skills.
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Back to top