EMEA Accounting Manager
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
About the Finance Department
The finance team is the largest team based in Amsterdam that supports the Dolby business teams and EMEA R&D centers which are spread throughout the region. The team of 16 is responsible for FP&A, Accounting, Accounts Payable, Collections and Payroll. It is a young multinational team who are passionate about providing an excellent service in an industry that is focused on light and sound. This role reports to the Sr. Finance Manager.
About the Role
To be responsible for the accounting duties and statutory filings compliance in multiple entities. Sharing your technical accounting knowledge with your colleagues. Partnering with our external auditors on the planning and execution of EMEA statutory audits. The key functions of this role are:
- Responsible for the financial reporting of legal entities within the Dolby EMEA structure.
- Prepare and post journal entries in SAP as well as monitor postings done by other accounting functions
- Hands on performance of month-end close activities (i.e. reconcile accounts, gather accruals, and variance reporting). Make sure that all deadlines are met and proactively reviews balances before closing.
- Lead projects to improve the quality in the Accounting Function, pro-actively suggest process improvements/additional controls
- Work closely with the team, AP/Payroll Manager, corporate colleagues and business partners on various projects.
- Planning and execution of the EMEA statutory audits; partnering with the external auditors and tax team, resolving concerns and ensuring filed on time.
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Experience of a shared service environment
- Hands-on, strong work ethic and can-do attitude
- Ability to adapt approach and communication style to effectively communicate to individuals at a variety of levels across global organization.
- Technical experience that can be brought and shared with the organization, ideally statutory accounts and SOX.
- Experience with SAP preferred
- Proven ability to prioritize activities and manage workload in a complex fast-paced environment with strict deadlines.
- Excellent in Excel and MS Word
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top